Crimson Trace off target

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by chlogeo, Dec 13, 2011.

1. chlogeo

chlogeo New Member

I installed a CT on my Glock 30. CT advises they are factory sited for 50 feet but when I use it it shines low and to the right of the barrel. Is this normal?
    Thanks Lads,
    Chlogeo

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes. There are 2 Allen head adjusting screws and an Allen wrench is supplied. Use the wrench to adjust the dot to the top of your sights at 7 yards or whatever distance you like. Read the funny book.

3. lastcast

lastcast New Member

Crimson Trace

Hi:
    My Crimson Trace grips came right on the money. I mounted the grips on my .45 Colt Commander and they are great. Point and shoot. Kit did come with adjusting wrenches and book but so far I don't need them.:D:D

Regards: Lastcast,,,,,Ranger Recon, Class of 67.

4. chlogeo

chlogeo New Member

That is great news but my question remains, Lastcast, does the Dot line up with your sights,or, where is the Dot appearing on the target in relation to the barrel?

5. lastcast

lastcast New Member

Crimson Trace

The red dot lines up right in line with my Commanders sights. Hope this helps you get it right:)

Lastcast,,,,Ranger Recon, Class of 67.

6. pipeman525

pipeman525 New Member

Why not go to an indoor range when it's not busy and line them up? I know where I go they will dim the lights for this purpose.

7. woody63m

woody63m New Member

WTF is this guy talking about^^^

8. .22M.R.F

.22M.R.F New Member

Chlogeo,
    Please be sure the grips are installed properly, I have never heard of them being off as far as you describe. If they are, in fact, that far out of adjustment the quality control folks missed one! Adjust them and enjoy

9. chlogeo

chlogeo New Member

Crimson Trace is Spot On. It is an operator error. I'm sure no one out there had this happen to them.

I'm So Not Worthy for this site. )-:

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

10. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

It may be cheaper to get a bore sight bullet, and line the two lasers up that way. That's what I did with a rail laser in the past. Save money on ammo and range time. It also worked