Crimson trace issue

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Engine5truck, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

I have a Kimber custom covert 2 took it to the range today shot about 400 rounds. No issues what so ever except for my laser grip. It would dim or not turn on at all. Repositioned my grip changed the batteries and same result. Got home works for a couple seconds or so then goes dim again or not at all. Anyone else have this problem?

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Call the manufacturer.
    "At Crimson Trace, we feel strongly that a company should stand behind its products. Not as a stuffy, written policy, but as a lifestyle. In addition to manufacturing our laser sights and tactical lights, as well as testing them to our rigorous standards….right here in America, we back them with a full 3-Year Warranty for all current models.

We understand that even the highest quality consumer products can fail – even if it’s a rarity. With that, we’re confident that if you need to exercise our warranty, you’ll find that it’s a breeze. Simply call our outstanding Customer Service team at 1-800-442-2406 and you’ll be taken care of."

3. Patrick Sperry

Patrick Sperry Member

Same problem with mine. Otherwise the pistol appears flawless at 500 rounds down the spout.

4. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Throw that stupid laser away and learn to shoot your gun.

5. Patrick Sperry

Patrick Sperry Member

To me it's just a gadget. But it was paid for.

6. Engine5truck

Engine5truck New Member

I'm not going to throw away something that came with the gun. If I didn't know how to use standard sights and had a laser that would be one thing, but there's more then 1 way to shoot a gun as long as you have a back up.

7. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I would call them and see how they want for you to handle the return for repair or replacement. They will stand by their product.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

Lots of guns come with lasers nowadays. My lcp did. Constructive help is always appreciated ;)

9. mseric

mseric New Member

I have a Kimber with Crimson trace grips and mine did the same thing. I called Crimson and they sent a new pair immediately. When they arrived, I placed the defective pair in the same package attached the prepaid shipping label and dropped them off in the mail.

Could not have been more pleased with their CS.

10. NobleEagle

NobleEagle New Member

I just want to pose a scenario here... Picture you're in an active shooter situation at a movie theater which is dark. You've got your legitimate carry sidearm that does not have a "stupid laser" it is dark & a few occupied rows of people watching the movie separate you from the suspect. Target aquisition in the dark is next to impossible. Would you rather "have and not need than to need and not have" that stupid laser? In the above scenario I don't think that has anything to do with the ability to shoot. There at many other scenarios as well, however even if the whites came on the temporary blindness is good enough to confuse anybody especially under the pressure of an active situation.

11. activereality

activereality New Member

The difference is that the laser is not a viewing or lighting device. It is for aiming and aiming only. It is there to assist in aiming(which as stated before, if you know how to use your gun then you don't need the laser). Now. You draw your gun. Squeeze that oh so cool laser and then the bad guy actually has a lighting device to aim at since you are panning it around looking for the <1/4 red dot someplace. And you still can't see him. Now he gets to shoot you center mass. Grats.

Want a light? Get a light. Want a laser to aim for you? Get some training or sell it.

Reliance on a fail-able(woot made up words are kool) tool leads to death. Reliance on training, skill, and experience leads to doing the best that can be done before death.

You use something enough and you will depend on it. When that somehow doesn't work, you fall on your face.

This is only my opinion. If my opinion hurts you in special places. Good. Glad I could ruin your day. Grow some thicker skin.

And I do love everyone. I just hate everyone else :). And I wish I could reasonably understand view points i don't share. Sorry but I can't.

12. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I shoot better than most without a laser. I shoot better than the others with the laser. When I train, I train without the laser but when I want to just shoot without actually aiming and still hit the bullseye while firing my weapon from behind my back with my non dominant hand while doing a handstand on the other, I can.