Crickett Crazy.

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by chocktaw_RemfireJunky, Jul 13, 2013.

1. chocktaw_RemfireJunky

chocktaw_RemfireJunky New Member

anyone have any experience with the crickett youth .22 shooting

>22 short

.22 long

.cci quiets

or the powderless super colibri .22
    any info with the sound or any feedback is appreciated.

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I shoot a lot of Aguila Colibri from an M6 Scout. It is about as loud and effective as an air rifle. The Super Colibri is a little louder and has a bit more velocity. Their sniper subsonic rounds do not "crack" like a rifle, but are not silent; but they carry a heckuva lot of energy down range.

3. Seven

Seven New Member

A Crickett .22 is what my daughter shoots.

[​IMG]

For a close range round to keep crows out of the garden we take a CCI CB and file the nose down like a wadcutter. Far right.

[​IMG]

It's crazy what that does at close range while being relatively quiet.

[​IMG]

4. thatonespot

thatonespot New Member

Never had much luck with the CCI quiets, i was using a buddy's gun, but they seemed way to loud to be deemed "quiet". I usually stick with plain ole CCI long rifles, seem to work the best in a variety of rifles, including the lovable little cricket.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

These students in this dorm I lived in used the loud FLUSH of a toilet to cover the sound of .22 short HP's fired from the bathroom at non-living targets of opportunity, not saying I was there or knew them or was flushing the toilet or anything. ;)