credit fraud heads up

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by mountainman13, Aug 9, 2012.

1. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Just noticed my bank denied an automatic payment. I called to see wtf was going on and was informed that all debit/credit payments to Pennsylvania,New York, Florida and a couple other states (sorry forget which) have been blocked due to high levels of fraud. You guys may want to check your banks.

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Thanks ... just paid mine same way. No problem yet.

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

lucky for me I refuse to give anyone access to my accounts for automatic payments :D

I'll make my payments the old fashion way - with an envelope and stamp through the mail :cool:

4. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I do the same thing because of abuses of my accounts in the past.

In the two circumstances where I had electronic banking, two

separate entities started systematically emptying my account...

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

i still get hit from time to time because of online purchases. But every time the bank has contacted me immediately ... no, I did not buy $400 of Indian curry in London (I was in Brewster MA when that one happened) :p

As for CC the most one can be held accountable for is $50. The 2 times the CC companies tried holding me responsible I informed them I wouldn't pay anything ... at all :cool: ... charges were removed. ;)

It is mainly finance and retail that compiles and sells people's personal data more than anyone. I remember reading an article years ago about a data collection agency in San Diego, they used to sell data packets for $20/ea or so. Turns out they had been selling peoples info to the Mafia in NYC :eek:

all in the name of business I guess :rolleyes:

6. gollygee

gollygee New Member

The only automatic withdrawals I've ever allowed was with life insurance premiums because the rates were cheaper than mailing a check.

7. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I have been very fortunate so far. I figure that you have to have enough credit or money to steal...kinda like fishing in a mud puddle here LOL.

8. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Same here, never had a problem. And they say automatic is safer: b.s.!