Crazy weather !

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by dango, Mar 20, 2014.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Today's forecast : 52 with 70% chance rain with a warming trend throughout the week-end ! .....Hmmmmm..... It don,t look like rain , feels cold , fluffy.....! Hmmmm! Heres' a picture of the rain and 52 degrees ?

:confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  2. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

LOL!
    That reminds me of a tour I took thru the weather station at Indianapolis International Airport back in the late 1970's. When we arrived at the weather station it was in a torrential downpour with lotsa thunder and lightning. The ceiling couldn't have been over 300-400 feet. A weather briefer was briefing a pilot from who-knows-where, and was telling him/her "partly cloudy with a slight chance of light showers".
    It was ironic that the weather station was in the basement of the tower, and had not even one window, and was apparently soundproof, too.
    Go figure.

3. stratrider

stratrider New Member

I'm sorry you are having to rough it through the cold Dang. This pic was snapped yesterday when I was cruising Orange Beach, AL yesterday, with the top down :D

Attached Files:

4. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

That looks like Heaven, Dango :)

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I kid you not, it was snowing in Northern Illinois this morning. It didn't stick on the ground long but it did stick for an hour or so. What the heck!?! It's the middle of May!!

6. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

We had a little frost this morning & it`s suppose to do it again in the morning !..........

7. zedpapa

zedpapa Member Supporter

Meanwhile, a good chunk of north San Diego has burnt and the heat wave has finally let up. Hit 100+ degrees Wednesday and Thursday. Today was only 96 degrees. And to top it off, they're predicting drizzles next week. Yeah, right.

8. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

We made it past Mothers day so snow is highly unlikely (even in the Hill Country where I live). MD was the latest snowfall we ever had about 12 years ago. We did get 3" of rain yesterday! Two days ago it was 87, this morn its about 42! Its not a freak thing, just NY weather, If you dont like it, just wait 10 minutes, it will change!

NY and Cali are always compared but at least our weather is more tolerable for life outside of a beach chair, 96 this early in the year would not be a good thing. Watching the Forest fires kick up this early is terrible especially when you dont really have the spare water at hand to fight them. You couldnt burn a NY forest with Napalm right now if you tried. Guess theres something good about living in snow country.

9. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Up here we don't bother planting/gardening until after Memorial Day. Until them, we still get frosts. We had a snow squall on my son's tenth birthday, 6/8/01. It didn't stick though.

10. WebleyFosbery38

I know that day well, that was the mothers day snow. Had my 2 year old granddaughter in her little sled back then, 3" stuck for about 4 hours or so. Weve got about 4 days in a row of low 40's at night this week so Memorial day is the first semi for sure planting day. Even the farmers have held off planting this year because of the late and pretty wet spring.

11. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I am so glad that "Global Climate Change" thing is just a bunch of hohokum, foisted upon us by all those stupid, know-nothing scientists!

12. WebleyFosbery38

Yes, and Im reminded just how stupid they are when I look our my back yard at the 30 mile long, 2 mile wide, 500' deep trench that a single giant icecube created a few thousand years ago. Dont forget that they have found ocean critter skeletons in the mid west and remnants of giant waterfalls 10 times that of Niagara at the bottom of the great lakes!!!!!!

Global temperature change is a permanent part of Earths history not something created by humans. I wont show my ignorance by saying we havent had some minimal effect because everything that is done has some effect somehow but it isnt what they are saying. That also doesnt mean we shouldnt try to curb pollution as much as we can. San Diego in a fog has more to do with them jamming millions of people and cars into a tiny area of land within a bowl than a planet in turmoil.

Leave it to scientists and Politicians to overlook the two biggest generators of NRG/ pollution that our planet has ever known of, The sun and earths core. Every drop of Fossil fuel ever burned on this planet by a human combined is dwarfed by a single day of these reactors and their waste products. We spill a million gallons of crude oil into the ocean and everyone freaks but cracks in the bedrock release that in 20 minutes every single day of the years. We do like to think we are that powerful but we arent yet, maybe next century but not this one!

Attached Files:

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

14. dango

15. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

23rd day of an abnormal heat wave,..getting Tucson temps...106 today.... While we are in the 12th year of a drought here...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

16. dango

Yeah , I'm worried about all of you people in the whole South West , it's really bad ! I pray for rain for all of you . This is getting biblical in a bad way . Prayers sent !

17. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Albuquerque has storms, more light show and not a drop of rain!

18. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Thx Dango. We had about 1/10th of an inch here today,.....but LOTS of Lightning......

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

19. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

You got more than my location, my windshield had spots only and not much!

I might have to wash the vehicles, just to get mother nature to rain.

20. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

upper 80's and lower 90's here in East Texas.

getting a few decent rains lately. grass is growing like crazy.