Crappy Gifts..

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Trez, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

Everybody gets crappy gifts, just be happy your not one of these kids...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4a9CKgLprQ&feature=player_embedded]YouTube Challenge - I Gave My Kids a Terrible Present - YouTube[/ame]

2. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

ROFMAO.

Yum, half eaten sandwich. :D

Seriously thought, I would not mind getting that hammer. :)

3. MidnightExpress

MidnightExpress New Member

Surprised that many parents were so desperate for their 15 minutes of fame they not pulled a prank on their children but recorded and then braodcast it on TV. And there's difference between a crappy gift and sh** that should be thrown in the garbage. They're just a little too young for that kind of joke and their parents should be embarrassed.

4. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

The only parents that should be embarrassed is the parents of that last kid with his mouth. But all in all, I thought it was very funny....and those kids will get over it soon enough. I love a laugh at someone elses expense :)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  5. MidnightExpress

Didn't see the last one, got irritated at the first few and stopped it. I've never been a fan of practical jokes to start with, but kids their age should be treated better by their parents. They weren't lousy gifts, it was garbage.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  6. bkt

bkt New Member

That's just plain cruel and unnecessary. I love it. :D

7. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

agreed...they will all grow up to be despots and politicians.

8. MidnightExpress

I don't think it would be quite that bad, they'd probably just grow up to serial killers or cannibals or something. Except the one with the hammer, he'll grow up thinking he's Thor. :D

9. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I showed my teenage boys that and both of them couldn't figure why the one boy was disappointed with a hammer. Then they thanked me for never doing a dirty trick like that to them (they would love a hammer though. Then again my younger son will be getting a 50 lb sack of coal if I can find one.)

10. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I could get you some coal if you lived near me, my company ships rock on barges on the ohio river and we have to clean the coal out of the barges before we load the rock. Im giving my wife a lump of coal as a prank for christmas. Haha

11. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I've learned a couple things after so many years of marriage.
    Kitchen appliances for the wife is no-go (but okay to give a young couple just starting out).
    Sexy sleep wear for the wife is a no-go (but okay for the girl friend).
    Lawn equipment for the wife is a no-go.
    Car parts for the wife is a no-go.
    A slip of paper promising something to the wife (supper, vacation, etc...) is a no-go.
    And (for mine), any hunting / fishing stuff for the wife is a no-go.

12. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Damn, im screwed.....

13. orangello

orangello New Member

When i was a kid, my parents often set up a game like a scavenger hunt with me having to solve clues to get my Easter basket and special Christmas presents. I freakin loved it.

14. JonM

JonM Moderator

my youngest brother and i actually did get coal in our xmas stocking one year lol. we had been extraordinarily naughty the 2 weeks before xmas and we both got a charcoal briquette heh. i was like 8ish my little brother was 5. i dont really remember what we did but i do remember the coals lol

15. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

My dad is the master at fooling someone with xmas gifts. He'll buy my mom a ring and put the small box in another box in another box in another and so on and fill any deadspace with canned goods to add weight. The first time he did this to my mom the look on her face when she opened a large box and saw it full of creamed corn and pinto beans beans was hilarious.

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

My son has been putting together the stuff so he can start making knives out of old truck springs and files. Coal is on the (very short) list of things he needs to get started forging. He has made a few out of some scrap material I have around and they have turned out great, but his goal is to make a Damascus blade from scratch. I'm not gonna hold him back!

17. trip286

trip286 New Member

Please don't! That's a hobby I've been wanting to get into myself. I could actually get coal for free if I had a forge to run it in, my mom works at a coal mine and they have no problem with some if their employees bringing home a few buckets as some folks in her area still heat with old wood burning kitchen stoves. Throw a big lump of coal in one of those too heat a one room shack and it will just about make you sleep with the windows open, I know, I've been there.

18. freefall

freefall New Member

I once found a card with a picture of a 1950ish woman holding a toaster, iron, and vacuum cleaner. It said "She was so thrilled with her Christmas gifts... (open the card) She wasted no time in shoving them up his azz!" Got it for my sis in law.

19. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

My wife's birthday, our anniversary and Christmas are very close together. Most of the time it is one major gift. A couple of years ago I got her a new kevlar kayak. That was major and what she wanted and she it was her choice. I had given her a new kayak paddle for mothers day that year and she was thrilled with it. Feed her interests and you cant go too wrong but you better no get her junk. This year she got a top end Kindle so far.

20. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

I gave my dad a chunk of charcoal one year... the look on his face was priceless

this year SWMBO is getting a Bersa .380... She knows about it, AND SHE PAID FOR IT. but, at least I wrapped it for her :)