Cpl application

Discussion in 'Michigan Gun Forum' started by capto56, Feb 17, 2013.

1. capto56

capto56 New Member

Is there a fee when you turn in your cpl application and anyone know how much?

And does it vary by county?

2. dmtshooter

dmtshooter New Member

There is a fee I am nit sure if it varies by county but I know Macomb county was $105 and if you take your receipt when you get finger printed they can waive the fingerprinting fee.

3. capto56

capto56 New Member

Huh, alright. And was yours recently? I'm in Macomb county as well.

4. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

same fee statewide.

5. dmtshooter

dmtshooter New Member

Within the past 6 months expect 3-4 month wait before you get a date to appear beforebthe gun board once youbshow up for your gun board date you answer a few questions and get your cpl on the spot. Good luck with your application process.

6. capto56

capto56 New Member

Yea that's what I've seen. About 3 months. Kinda sucks but I'll have to wait sometime. Have my class on march 2nd :)

Thanks for the responses you all

7. langenc

langenc New Member

I know you are in a hurry but when is your birthday>??

Permits are issued and expire on bds. By waiting a couple months could gain a whole year..

8. capto56

capto56 New Member

Eh, it's in August. Not worth waiting that long for me. I'll get it a couple months before but oh well. Id rather have it asap

9. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I just got a concealed carry permit. In Alabama, it is $20 for a one year license.

10. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Michigan its $105 every five years. But make sure you read our gun laws very well because they are screwy.

11. langenc

langenc New Member

Oh, yes and do NOT pay a $5 or $10 fee for any notarization of some forms.

Take em to your bank/credit union or antwhere else. They cannot make you do it at their office.

Law enforcers violating the law!!

12. Donn

Donn Active Member

Capto, when you go before the board remember two things. First, and most important, when they ask you why you want a CPL, the only correct answer is personal protection. That's all, no more. Second, yes and no are perfectly acceptable answers to pretty much anything you'll be asked. Don't embellish or improvise. Good luck.

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm over here still trying to figure out how having to go ask "pretty please can I carry a gun?"... Is NOT infringement...

14. capto56

capto56 New Member

That's what I've heard. I found somewhere online that shows the 7 possible questions they could ask and how to answer them. It helped a lot.

Yea, don't get it trip. We're shall issue yet we still need a reason.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

And I guess telling them, "it's my right, and you're not allowed to infringe upon it." Probably wouldn't be considered a valid reason.

16. capto56

capto56 New Member

I haven't heard anyone try that one. Mayhap I should give it a go... Lol, maybe not. I don't want to screw all this waiting up

17. Donn

Donn Active Member

I agree Trip, but no, your answer wouldn't fly up here. We're suffered to dance to whatever tune the state plays if we want a CPL. I don't like it either, but there it is.

18. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Macomb County is one of the only ones still expecting people to appear before the gun board. Apparently the "shall issue" memorandum from the state didn't reach them.

Wayne county is overwhelmed with number of applicants

Kent county is still trying to prevent CPL issuance.

19. bbertram

bbertram New Member

Allegan county is CPL friendly ! Turn in your application at the clerk's office, she'll take your picture and send you next door to the Sheriff's office for fingerprinting. No interview with the gun board. The board meets in mid month, so I put in my papers on the 8th of the month, and had my CPL by end of same month. Pretty quick service.