Firearms Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dmtshooter said:
There is a fee I am nit sure if it varies by county but I know Macomb county was $105 and if you take your receipt when you get finger printed they can waive the fingerprinting fee.
Huh, alright. And was yours recently? I'm in Macomb county as well.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dmtshooter said:
Within the past 6 months expect 3-4 month wait before you get a date to appear beforebthe gun board once youbshow up for your gun board date you answer a few questions and get your cpl on the spot. Good luck with your application process.
Yea that's what I've seen. About 3 months. Kinda sucks but I'll have to wait sometime. Have my class on march 2nd :)

Thanks for the responses you all

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
langenc said:
I know you are in a hurry but when is your birthday>??

Permits are issued and expire on bds. By waiting a couple months could gain a whole year..
Eh, it's in August. Not worth waiting that long for me. I'll get it a couple months before but oh well. Id rather have it asap

·
Registered
62 Posts
Oh, yes and do NOT pay a $5 or $10 fee for any notarization of some forms.

Take em to your bank/credit union or antwhere else. They cannot make you do it at their office.

Law enforcers violating the law!!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Capto, when you go before the board remember two things. First, and most important, when they ask you why you want a CPL, the only correct answer is personal protection. That's all, no more. Second, yes and no are perfectly acceptable answers to pretty much anything you'll be asked. Don't embellish or improvise. Good luck.

·
Banned
18,636 Posts
I'm over here still trying to figure out how having to go ask "pretty please can I carry a gun?"... Is NOT infringement...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Donn said:
Capto, when you go before the board remember two things. First, and most important, when they ask you why you want a CPL, the only correct answer is personal protection. That's all, no more. Second, yes and no are perfectly acceptable answers to pretty much anything you'll be asked. Don't embellish or improvise. Good luck.
That's what I've heard. I found somewhere online that shows the 7 possible questions they could ask and how to answer them. It helped a lot.

Yea, don't get it trip. We're shall issue yet we still need a reason.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
trip286 said:
And I guess telling them, "it's my right, and you're not allowed to infringe upon it." Probably wouldn't be considered a valid reason.
I haven't heard anyone try that one. Mayhap I should give it a go... Lol, maybe not. I don't want to screw all this waiting up

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
And I guess telling them, "it's my right, and you're not allowed to infringe upon it." Probably wouldn't be considered a valid reason.
I agree Trip, but no, your answer wouldn't fly up here. We're suffered to dance to whatever tune the state plays if we want a CPL. I don't like it either, but there it is.

·
Premium Member
6,566 Posts
Macomb County is one of the only ones still expecting people to appear before the gun board. Apparently the "shall issue" memorandum from the state didn't reach them.

Wayne county is overwhelmed with number of applicants

Kent county is still trying to prevent CPL issuance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Allegan county is CPL friendly ! Turn in your application at the clerk's office, she'll take your picture and send you next door to the Sheriff's office for fingerprinting. No interview with the gun board. The board meets in mid month, so I put in my papers on the 8th of the month, and had my CPL by end of same month. Pretty quick service.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts