coyote

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by shotgunhunter, Mar 1, 2012.

1. shotgunhunter

shotgunhunter New Member

What is the best shotgun to hunt coyote with

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Can you get close enough for a shotgun shot? I thought the wiley's were more of a rifle target.
    Whatever you use, good luck; there are tooooooo many of those things.

3. Retaks

Retaks New Member

If you can get them close enough i doubt which shotgun is the question. Id go with which load for coyote. Ive never been able to get closer then 75 yards from one and i swear it saw my finger move to the trigger.

4. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Doesn't matter really. Anything powerful enough to bring one down.

5. Retaks

Retaks New Member

Id use a 12 gauge but im sure a 20 would work just fine too just a little more limited on range.

6. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Would you really shoot him ?

Attached Files:

7. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Yep sure would look what he is doin to that toy he has guilt all over him

8. orangello

orangello New Member

That one is in clubbing range.

9. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Hey there orangello I use a 12 shotgun with 3.5 '' black cloud shells for yotes when they come in close if not bust em with the rifle

10. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

around here (northern WI) most guys prefer shotguns, we don't have a lot of long range shooting available unless you hunt a farm or something with fields, I am going to start calling next winter if I have enough scratch for a new caller. Guys I talked to who have experience around here say you want a shotgun, a lot of coyotes appear well within range. Most prefer either 00 buckshot or #4 buckshot out of a 12 gauge, I am going with #4 because of the greater amount of pellets and it still has some range if you know how your gun shoots. My buddy killed a fox years back at 85 yds with #4 buck out of a little 18" single shot 12 gauge, probably some luck involved in that one, lol

11. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Black cloud is all u need, out to say 65 yds depends on what choke u use, no need to spend big bucks on buck unless u reload

12. unclebear

unclebear New Member

yep I blackcloud is some crazy stuff, I used it for goose hunting I actually blew a gooses head almost off he was about 20 yards away from me and only had a a little skin holding his head to his body. They also work pretty good on crows at 40 yards...

13. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Its weird lookin to looks like lil flyin sausers

14. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

An living in Roswell I know flying sausers

15. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

buckshot isn't much more expensive, is Blackcloud steel shot? I thought it was. I don't like to use steel shot for anything unless I am legally forced to and even then I don't like it, lol.

16. unclebear

unclebear New Member

yep definitely created by aliens for long range probing :p

17. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I bet you would shoot her to, HUH ?.............

Attached Files:

18. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Nope we have a kit fox pet have had her for 5 yrs, found her by a empty den she was 4weeks old my cousin is a vet here so she gave it all shots rabies test an shots, distemper ect, she has been a great lil fox, dog???? Ahh pet

19. akers06

akers06 New Member

I shoot every coyote, fox, coin or opossum I see because they destroy turkey, rabbit, grouse, pheasant, etc. Populations

20. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Yep them possums are fast they catch them turkeys like a pro, also they jump real high