coyote hunting

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by 1911beast, Dec 28, 2011.

1. 1911beast

1911beast New Member

what do you do with a coyote if your not going to eat it

2. Georgiahunter

Georgiahunter New Member

Just dispose of it however you please, or better yet, use it for bait to kill more coyotes;)

3. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Some spots still pay a bounty. Have a rug made out of it. Boil the skull to make for an interesting desk top at work. Tie the tail to your car antennae. Have it stuffed and give it to your mother-in-law next Christmas. Hang the hide on your fence to show local varmints what can happen to them.

4. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

In pa we have a bounty for them but not by the state local land owners put a reward into the game commision and you appky for the bounty. You get paid after you show the coyote to the land owner and warden.

5. jon1992d

jon1992d New Member

Also i make pillow cases out of the ones i killed my next one will be mittins.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'd like a pair of moccasins, size 10.5

7. Flat Tire

Flat Tire New Member

8. oletrapper

oletrapper New Member Supporter

9. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

oletrapper,

That is exactly why! And one could only imagine how many fawns they kill each year! Peoples small pets. For example I was in Texas hunting during the opening week and a half of Deer season this year. And as we all know Texas was on the number one drought list this past year. So the does had a tough time raising fawns this year. Well speaking of the coyotes we killed 12 of them and three bobcats. Out of a couple of hundred does I saw for a week and a half, I saw only 2 Fawns!!! That should tell the story. Every night at dusk we could hear about three separate packs around the camp. I shoot them because I can and they are on my number one hit list. In the recent past my son's boss had a coyote come up in their yard and snatch their small dog in front of his wife who was screaming and the yote ran off with the pup. They went looking immediately with a shotgun but only found the dogs skull the next morning.

10. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I have nothing against anyone shooting coyotes but I must say I do like the fact that they eat alot of cats.

11. oletrapper

That they do. But

A feral cat is worse than a yote when it comes to killing small game. Cats kill for the fun of it. Yotes kill to eat. Oh yea, I shoot cats too.

12. oletrapper

Land Between the Lakes, Western KY

About 20 years ago, a friend was bow hunting at LBL. On his second day he stuck a really nice buck. He waited the usual 10 min or so before climbing down from his stand to get his buck. When he approached it, about 80 yards away, he confronted 6 coyotes already eating his buck. Having only 3 arrows left he simply backed away. He was able to retrieve the skull and rack a few days later. Like I said, the only good coyote is a dead one.

13. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Amen on the Feral Cat! When I use to quail hunt I smoked everyone of them I saw for that very reason. They do not kill to eat alot they just kill for fun! And can wipe out a covey of quail!

14. sksmerc

sksmerc New Member

man that one coyote thats started it with the buck alone was really skinny i can't believe the buck couldn't defend its self. looks like they barely ate it just killed and left for the birds sad

15. onenut58

onenut58 New Member

Leave them lay for the gut birds.

16. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

I do have recipes for fox and coyote fondu in two of my cook books, ( The Joy of Cooking, first edition and The Onslow County Heritage Cook book) but the thought of willingly eating a coyote turns my stomach. In an EOTWAWKI or SHTF situation the recipes may be of some use to me. Until then, I will use them as bait and give the hides to my local taxidermist. He and his wife have traded items from the archery shop they also run for the hides in the past, or given me store credit for them. No bounties in my area, private or otherwise.

17. spinks

spinks New Member

That's my kill today .204 ruger

Attached Files:

18. paintsplat

paintsplat New Member

those pictures were taken in Oklahoma?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  19. oletrapper

Nice shot.

Beautiful DEAD yote! What was the yardage? What call were you using if any?

20. cankiller

cankiller New Member

One of 5 Yotes taken this yr.......he was smacked @ 300yds with one of my favs..... .264 Win Mag........

What made this one special to me was he was called in by mouth....no call

Oh BTW.......I cut his tail off and fed him to the yotes

Attached Files: