Cowboy Action Shooting Shotgun

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by Dzscubie, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Guys,

I have been toying with getting into Cowboy Action Shooting for a while now and with Glass’s encouragement I have been acquiring the necessary guns and equipment and clothing. I’ve got my single action revolvers now and went with 38/357 as the brass is more readily available for reloading than 45 LC. Glass is making my leather gear, pistol belt, holsters, and Shotgun bandoleer and will probably make most of my clothes also. I only have my rifle and shotgun left to buy and I’ll be ready to go. I found a reproduction of the John Browning 1887 lever action shotgun but it is made by a company I’m not familiar with. Does anyone know anything about a company called IAC imports? I’ve Googled it and found that it is a division of Interstate Arms Corp out of Massachusetts but other than that I don’t know anything at all about the company.

Here is a picture of the shotgun I'm looking at. What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

What little I know about them seems to indicate they have poor customer service.

3. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Thanks Don, do you know anything about the quality of the weapon?

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

The Scubinator

[​IMG]

5. CA357

Not really, but if you google them, you'll get links to some forums where there's discussions on them.

6. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Well, I posted it in another thread that I found a good friend who had this shotgun that I wanted and we (actually Glass) worked a deal. His shotgun did not have the leather wrap on the lever action so I asked Glass to do her magic and she not only made the lever wrap but she made the rough out stock cover I wanted. All I have left to do is get the beads I want for the fringe. I wanted an Indian kind of look to go with my Cowboy Action Shooting persona.

Here she is:

Attached Files:

7. CA357

Whadya" mean we, kemosabe?

Looks good. :cool:

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

Looks great Scubie.

9. orangello

orangello New Member

That was the first thing i thought!

Scubie, i am telling every hippie i know that a LEO is beading his shotty! :D

Looks good!

10. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Scubie, i am telling every hippie i know that a LEO is beading his shotty! :D

Looks good![/QUOTE]

Dude, like.. it's a native american thing.. Dude.. like,,, Dude.. What were we talking about???

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Scubie- I THINK these were made by NORINCO in China, and imported by IAC. I have no firsthand experience with them. Reports I have seen on their version of the lever action, and their clone of the 1897 pump, was that quality was OK, but do not expect an exact duplicate of the original. Machining marks still showed in some places, quality of some steel was questioned, etc. But you are also not paying what you would pay for an original. Guess it is a matter of you pays your money, you takes your pick.