COVID vaccine

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by winds-of-change, Dec 3, 2020.

1. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

You were the one saying you got your information on death rates from Johns Hopkins, in the next breath you are dismissing Johns Hopkins as unreliable o_O

2. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

We don't know how the body is going to react, because people haven't gotten the vaccine and then been exposed to another form of coronovirus. It's way too soon IMO for me to be testing this.

winds-of-change likes this.

3. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Just in case anyone didn't know this, the vaccine doesn't lessen your chance of getting covid, it just lessens how hard the symptoms affect you.

manta likes this.
  4. TimKS

TimKS Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I agree with your first sentence.

But all those things MAY or CAN be caused by covid....but WILL they? If you want guarantees on a healthy life, you came to the wrong world. You can take all the precautions you want and still get hit by a truck tomorrow. Life is risky in this world. I'll take my chances. :cool:

Ghost1958, Notrighty and towboater like this.
  5. manta

True you can still be infected, but
    There are no guarantees, but as they say prevention is better that the cure.

BullMoose429 likes this.
  6. Notrighty

Notrighty Well-Known Member

Prevention is better than the cure unless the prevention causes your we we to fall off. I’ll probably take the vaccine when available but I will not be comfortable with my decision.

winds-of-change likes this.
  7. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

With all the long term complications this virus can cause- it’s best to do everything you can to prevent it. The realistically minor potential side effects of they vaccine are nothing compared to what the virus does.

7point62 likes this.
  8. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

For most people the virus causes very mild symptoms if any at all.

9. Ghost1958

Please read again. I did nothing of the sort. I said i got the death figures from johns hopkins.

I also said the experts, Fauchi and friends predicticted many times the dearhs that actually occurred even using inflated numbers.

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

That’s if it doesn’t kill you.

11. manta

They predicted the deaths if no measures were taken, masks social distancing, lockdowns etc. The fact that many deaths have not taken place, shows when the measures are put in place it saves lives.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Chainfire and Oaktree45 like this.
  12. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

My medical degree is just as valid as yours.

In actual fact I have an EMT-B which doesn’t amount to jack squat when it comes to viruses...but gives me a little more insight into medical issues.

My advice is to get the vaccine.

Your advice is to not get the vaccine.

So I’ll get it and you won’t and we’ll both be happy in our decisions.

Rifling82 and jigs-n-fixture like this.
  13. TimKS

I did not give any such advice, I only gave my intentions for myself.

Ghost1958 and G66enigma like this.
  14. TimKS

From the link I posted above....
    "....the U.N. has estimated that 130 million additional people will starve this year as a result of the economic damage resulting from the lockdowns."

That tells me the 'cure' is worse than the disease.

15. Notrighty

Notrighty Well-Known Member

7point62 if you have the virus you will have the antibodies and a vaccine isn’t necessary for you. Or do I have that wrong?

Viking likes this.
  16. manta

There are no easy answers, you could have no restrictions lockdowns etc in America all that is guaranteed to do is kill more Americans. Countries and government's look at what is going on in their country first and then maybe at other countries, and that's how it should be. So it depends where you live, i doubt lockdowns will cause millions to starve in America or the UK.

17. gambler

gambler Active Member

Can you please link to where you saw this admission from the CDC ?

Chainfire likes this.
  18. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Missouri has what appears to be a common-sense approach to distribution, so it'll take a while to get to some of our family. Meanwhile, we're still taking precautions but following the progress to see what happens. Most of our family lives in Frankenstein, Missouri and thanks to having large Catholic families have been exposed, tested positive, or caught it. They live in a Petri dish. Put 60+ kids in a yellow school bus, it's the "Childhood Disease Exchange" regardless of measures in school buildings. We'll take the vaccine to hopefully be able to see the family again.

19. Ghost1958

It was on national tv three times

I have no way to link to that.
    Im sure if you dont believe me it probably be found on google.

20. gambler

gambler Active Member

Well I never heard it on national TV and I can not find anywhere by google that the CDC is...

"flat out stateing the CDC by its own admission have greatly inflated the numbers of deaths by the way they classify covid deaths."

Oldoutlaw likes this.