Firearms Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 821 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Trust god to do what, are good Christians people not dyeing of CV19. If you are sick or injured do you trust in god or go to a hospital.
This is one of those things that you don't get if you're not a Christian.

I put my faith in God. That doesn't mean I expect an easy life. That doesn't mean that I expect to be shielded from illness or trouble.

It means that when illness or trouble or eventually death comes I trust God to walk me through it.

Something that my pastor says frequently is "People almost never come to Christ because Christians prosper. People come to Christ because Christians suffer and trust God anyway "

There were a lot of people who came to know Jesus Christ during the Holocaust because they watched Corrie ten Boom trust God in a concentration camp. She had enough faith that when the SS interrogated her she shared the Gospel with them.

When good Christian people die of Covid it's not the end it's the beginning.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
I can't even give you an estimate as to how many times I've heard this line: "it is impossible to get the flu from the flu shot".
I've known lots of people who got the flu right after getting the flu shot and then they passed it on to others besides.
It is imposable to get the flu from the flu vaccine, you can catch the flu after receiving the flu vaccine, that's two different things.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Yeah, China's really "special" along those lines. Forcible totalitarian approaches don't have widespread appeal in many parts of the world, thankfully, effective though they might be on some levels. Elsewhere liberty still has some respect, and at least some attempts are made to not trample it to dust when "action" is taken on things.

As for vaccine availability, it's all but certain to be a voluntary choice for people in most of the world. Rightly so.

As such, the campaign waged should be one of information dissemination about the efficacy, the risks, the ease of getting it, etc.

Though, with the severe low-temp requirement on storage of (at least some of) this vaccine, it's going to be a dicey thing to have it stored at every corner pharmacy. Given how scared a lot of people feel about the threat of catching it, it wouldn't surprise me if we see a strong up-tick in the incidence of break-ins to pharmacies ... not for opiate medicines but for this covid vaccine.

I hope that with the low-temp-required versions that it's decided to use selected hospitals for the distribution, ones that actually have extreme-cold storage equipment in place. It's hard to imagine that every corner pharmacy is going to be capable of installing suitable devices in time to matter, if they don't already have such.

·
Premium Member
7,207 Posts
I hope that with the low-temp-required versions that it's decided to use selected hospitals for the distribution, ones that actually have extreme-cold storage equipment in place. It's hard to imagine that every corner pharmacy is going to be capable of installing suitable devices in time to matter, if they don't already have such.
I would think there will be vaccines approved soon, that won't need such low temperatures.

Britain's medicines regulator, the MHRA, says the jab, which offers up to 95% protection against Covid-19 illness, is safe to be rolled out.
The first doses are already on their way to the UK, with 800,000 due in the coming days, Pfizer said.
But because hospitals already have the facilities to store the vaccine at -70C, as required, the very first vaccinations are likely to take place there - for care home staff, NHS staff and patients - so none of the vaccine is wasted.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
They’re not a free country, their government tells you to do something, you do it or they’ll throw you in jail or just kill you, just the way it is BUT..... how do we really know what’s going on there?
You’re absolutely right- we have absolutely no idea what the situation in China really is

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,810 Posts
Covid has just become the leading cause of death in the US. I will take my chances with the vaccine.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
The flu shot is just a guess, sometimes they don’t get it right so you’ll get the flu
An educated guess- but a guess nonetheless. Because the flu is predominantly seasonal, it tends to alternate between hemispheres. During that alternation- there’s a lot of room for mutation.

·
Premium Member
6,187 Posts
Winds,

Study what happened during prior attempts at Covid vaccines. If a recipient got any other version of covid, they had massive upper respiratory failure.

There was some speculation that Italy had strands of covid in their flu shot this year, and that's why they had such a high death rate.

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
Covid has just become the leading cause of death in the US. I will take my chances with the vaccine.
Of course it has when you count it as the cause of death in falls, shootings, car accidents , if the person had the virus even with no symptoms.
No use questioning that. The cdc admitted it on national television several times.

·
Premium Member
3,870 Posts
Like you, I joined the line of bare arms and even, at one point, went to a place where there was just me, a doctor and a bunch of needles.

As a result, after that date, and for the rest of my life, I cannot donate blood.

But I'm not dead from any of the awful things that seem to kill untold millions of people every year in the places I used to go.

I'll be in the covid vaccine line-up.
So will I tac!

·
Administrator
34,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Winds,

Study what happened during prior attempts at Covid vaccines. If a recipient got any other version of covid, they had massive upper respiratory failure.

There was some speculation that Italy had strands of covid in their flu shot this year, and that's why they had such a high death rate.
I’m pretty sure that isn’t the same vaccine coming out now.

41 - 60 of 821 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.