Firearms Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 821 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I’m gonna get it as soon as it comes out. As someone who’s familiar with the regulatory and engineering procedures needed to get something like this into a stage where it can be given to the public, I have no fears that I’m being used as a lab rat. Hell- W Bush, Clinton, and Obama all said that they would televise themselves getting it just to prove it’s safe.

I did hear, however, that it feels like a wicked bad hangover the day after you get it.

·
Premium Member
3,876 Posts
Wasting your breath, Manta. The anti-vaxxers have made up their paranoid minds and no amount of facts will ever change them.:(:rolleyes::(
The exact reason the yearly flu does not go down. Last I read less than 50% of our population even get a flu shot. However, I expect flu may go down this year due to so many taking some precautions against the Covid.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
Trust god to do what, are good Christians people not dyeing of CV19. If you are sick or injured do you trust in god or go to a hospital.
I said I trust my life to God (capital G). I go to doctors when needed (not often), but I only trust my life to God. I've only spent one day in a hospital in my almost 73 years. That was for an infection in my elbow more than 40 years ago. Covid-19 does not scare me a bit.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
The exact reason the yearly flu does not go down. Last I read less than 50% of our population even get a flu shot. However, I expect flu may go down this year due to so many taking some precautions against the Covid.
The flu is also quite difficult to control because it mutates very quickly- so it’s hard to get the vaccine just right. Thankfully COVID has only had one mutation and has an mRNA sequence that is so identifiable and easy to put into a vaccine

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I can't even give you an estimate as to how many times I've heard this line: "it is impossible to get the flu from the flu shot".
I've known lots of people who got the flu right after getting the flu shot and then they passed it on to others besides.
A lot of us DON"T want the shot not because we are "anti vaxers", it is because we have allergies.
I have a list in my wallet (8-1/2 x 11 sheet) with a LIST of medicines I am allergic too.
I don't get the flu shot. But, after getting my hand sliced open I did get a tetanus booster shot!
Just have to be selective as to what you are going to do.
ONE SIZE does NOT fit all !!

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I can't even give you an estimate as to how many times I've heard this line: "it is impossible to get the flu from the flu shot".
I've known lots of people who got the flu right after getting the flu shot and then they passed it on to others besides.
A lot of us DON"T want the shot not because we are "anti vaxers", it is because we have allergies.
I have a list in my wallet (8-1/2 x 11 sheet) with a LIST of medicines I am allergic too.
I don't get the flu shot. But, after getting my hand sliced open I did get a tetanus booster shot!
Just have to be selective as to what you are going to do.
ONE SIZE does NOT fit all !!
So- the flu shot cannot give you the flu- because it’s an inactive virus- but it can give symptoms similar to it for a short period because your immune system may produce an immune response because the DNA sequence is similar to the flu.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife is a nurse and my son works in a hospital and both said No way.
I smell something fishy about the whole thing.
They did a bait and switch from deaths to cases. The virus is already mutating. The worst deadly virus dies with it's host, the virus gets weaker because the virus only survives in the hosts that survive. Why the survivability is going up, why the cases go up but the deaths are going down.
Too much push on this vaccine not to think something suspicious is going on.
I don't trust the government, I already seen the lies, when our hospitals were overrun in Florida, they were not.

·
Proud to be an American
3,491 Posts
Wasting your breath, Manta. The anti-vaxxers have made up their paranoid minds and no amount of facts will ever change them.:(:rolleyes::(
You have no facts at this time, all you have is their assurance that all is well, they haven't had sufficient time to test this, essentially you will be the lab rats!

You do realize this requires two shots, the first one will most likely put you on your butt for 3 to 5 days and the second one well who knows?

·
Premium Member
22,626 Posts
It's been tested extensively in several countries. it's safe.

·
Premium Member
22,626 Posts
In military service, I had to take Yellow Fever, Cholera and Typhus every six months. They made me sick enough to be excused from duty for 2 days. But they worked for millions of military personnel. did I object?? Hell no. The diseases were a hell of a lot worse than the reaction to the vaccine.

·
Proud to be an American
3,491 Posts
In military service, I had to take Yellow Fever, Cholera and Typhus every six months. They made me sick enough to be excused from duty for 2 days. But they worked for millions of military personnel. did I object?? Hell no. The diseases were a hell of a lot worse than the reaction to the vaccine.
Loc, go for it I'm not trying to dissuade you. You do you I'll do me.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Ya all that will take it, step right up. I'll watch and then make my decision after a few months

·
Premium Member
3,812 Posts
I took the anthrax vaccine when I was in the Navy. I take every vaccine I can get my hands on. They cost a few dollars at most and prevent thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of misery in a hospital. There may be some fates worse than death, but you only get to experience those fates when you're still alive.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Like you, I joined the line of bare arms and even, at one point, went to a place where there was just me, a doctor and a bunch of needles.

As a result, after that date, and for the rest of my life, I cannot donate blood.

But I'm not dead from any of the awful things that seem to kill untold millions of people every year in the places I used to go.

I'll be in the covid vaccine line-up.

21 - 40 of 821 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.