Firearms Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 821 Posts

·
Administrator
34,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think a vaccine is coming out soon. I’ve been asked by my employer if I want the vaccine or not. Six techs said yes, 5 declined and 3 undecided. I’m not sure if I should get it or wait.

·
Premium Member
7,283 Posts
One is coming here next week, i would see it as no different than getting the flu jab.

Northern Ireland is expected to receive 1.5 million doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine and 2.85 million of Oxford's AstraZeneca jab if they receive official authorisation, the Department of Health said.

·
Proud to be an American
3,492 Posts
My daughter and grand daughter both work in the emergency room at local hospitals and both say NO!

·
Premium Member
7,283 Posts
We don't know what the side effects of the covid-19 vaccine are going to be.
Some people can have bad reactions lots of medications, the vaccine has being tested on thousand of people with no serious side effects. There are no guarantees with any medication, but vaccine's have proved over decades to be safe and effective there is no reason why this one will be any different.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
I don't get why some would not get it. If they are worried about possible side effects, then they would not take any medication.
"Medication" people already generally take typically falls into the category of tried-and-true. Fairly well-understood side effects, from minor to sometimes major. Which makes it much simpler to evaluate.

This thing, whatever it turns out to be, currently has zero track record outside of the trials. Once a handful of months goes by and there's a good track record, that'll be something else. More akin to what you're suggesting.

I fall more into the "When there's a track record" end of the spectrum. For all the obvious reasons.

Of course, there's the potential risks of not taking it. Including whether it'll be available again anytime soon. Given how behind the curve everyone is, it's going to be a good long while (of production) before the thing's as plentiful as, say, the seasonal influenza vaccine.

·
Banned
5,559 Posts
Nope.
Covid, the big reset push using it and the timing of the warped vaccine ??

Nah. Aint gettin put in that trick bag.

·
Premium Member
2,980 Posts
Trust god to do what, are good Christians people not dyeing of CV19. If you are sick or injured do you trust in god or go to a hospital.
I don't trust in god, I put my trust in God (capital G), and I've only spent one day in a hospital (more than 40 years ago) for an infection in my elbow. I go to doctors, but I don't trust them with my life though. I only trust my life to God.

1 - 20 of 821 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.