COVID deaths in perspective

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by microadventure, Nov 29, 2020.

1. CMAB2SA

CMAB2SA Well-Known Member

How many people recovered?

Ghost1958 likes this.
  2. Maineiak

Maineiak Well-Known Member

how many people road in a bus that day? I'm sure a lot of people recovered, but it cost them money to go to the doctor in some cases.

3. Maineiak

4. Maineiak

I don't know the date that the first case was discovered in our state, but I think it was about 7 months ago, and we have had 191 deaths so far.

5. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

The power-hungry, one-man dictates circumventing legislatures haven't happened with influenza precautions.

They have, with SARS-CoV-2. In spades.

Hence the uproar, in the U.S.

"No taxation without representation" ... and "Give me liberty or give me death." Should ring a bell. So should the explicit constraints upon government in one's constitution (whether nation or state within a country).

Indeed, a bell or two should be "rung" over how the rule of law has been circumvented, whatever else can be said about the efficacy of precautions. If the little bastids simply go through the representatives of the people, only issuing decisions when the People (via those reps) decide, then it wouldn't be so downright offensive. (Irrespective of what one might think of one's "duty" or "responsibility" or the appropriateness of precautions for a given person or community.)

But then, as many well know, liberty isn't as valued by many these days. And if all of liberty is tossed out the window with the bath water, what's the point? A simple, deeper question no U.S. politician really wants asked. And a simple question very few U.S. citizens have intellectual integrity enough to ask, even of themselves.

Precautions have value, if valuable enough to matter, though not merely because and edict's uttered. Far better, however, to be asked instead of forcibly commanded and threatened with imprisonment, fines and everything else. For every thing we value.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    kbd512, ace1986, ellis36 and 2 others like this.
  6. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

When you research which you wont the illustrious history of what our federal government has willfully. and secretly done to it's own people over the years you may not be so trusting.
    As to taking a gun to bed , which you cant anyway, ignorance I suppose is bliss Let someone you love be murdered in your home and you'll learn a hard lesson but then you'll be qualified to decide what is rationale to do and what isnt concerning " taking a gun to bed".
    Until then, frankly, you haven't a clue on the subject

7. Ghost1958

Actually no I dont.
    See my response to Manta. I don't feel like pointing out the obvious again.

8. Ghost1958

They locked down the bus line and mandated everyone traveling by vehicle must wear a life jacket I'm sure.

kbd512, woodlander and CMAB2SA like this.
  9. sheepdawg

sheepdawg Well-Known Member Supporter

One of my best friends was one of them, lived in Gardiner. Heavy smoker but only 51. This was back in April

Maineiak, ace1986 and locutus like this.
  10. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Cancer From one source :
    1,762,450 cases...
    606,880 deaths...

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

The conspiracy nutz, and those who fear and hate our government, are going to believe that everybody is out to get them regardless of facts so the argument here is pointless.:rolleyes:

12. TimKS

TimKS Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

...and the other side is too naive to believe that the government doesn't want to control us all.

towboater and ellis36 like this.
  13. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Totally unfounded fear and hatred.

14. sheepdawg

Let me see if I understand, you are saying that mistrust in our government is unfounded?

Pasquanel, towboater and TimKS like this.
  15. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I can take a gun to bed if i want, i don't feel the need. As for the virus and mask mandates and social distancing etc, that was happening in America during the 1918 flu pandemic, do you think that was all a government plan to control the people.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  16. manta

That depends on what you mean by control, in lots of aspects the governing already controls you from the cradle to the grave.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  17. sheepdawg

That was a long time ago, before anyone reading this was born but just so you have an idea about our government at that time read up on Woodrow Wilson, the KKK, Tamanny Hall, Teapot Dome, Boss Crump and Warren Harding.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  18. manta

Good news here :)

Army arrive at Bristol stadium for COVID vaccine roll-out 'due to start next week'
    The army has arrived at a football stadium to set up Britain's first mass coronavirus vaccination programme.
    Troops have been spotted at Ashton Gate stadium in Bristol to prepare the site to be ready to vaccinate tens of thousands of people.

19. Ghost1958

Yep and it failed.
    Just like this attempt will. Enough folks will not be " muzzled like a rabid dog " in this nation to see to that. One way or another.

20. manta

Some won't wear them in the UK as well, just shows you get selfish inconsiderate people in most countries.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    jigs-n-fixture likes this.