COVID 19

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Sniper03, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

I dunno how the virus started. Maybe natural hop or an oops from a lab.
    Have worked with people from all over the world, have a bunch of foreigners in my fam.
    We didn't get to pick our parents.

But, I knew way back China should not have been given most favored nation status.
    And that non Christian belief systems could be dangerous.

Toxic cough syrup in South America about a dozen years ago ring a bell?

JimRau and towboater like this.
  2. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

the only reason you say that is because you happen to have been born to parents who follow that that religion and were indoctrinated to believe that , if you were born to middle eastern parents you would be indoctrinated in the islamic faith, or to jewish parents you would be of indoctrinated in the jewish faith, etc.... etc.... etc... and would be singing a different tune.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020

3. Hookeye

Hookeye Well-Known Member

I'm not trusting of anybody.
    But am even more wary of those that don't subscribe to a certain belief system.

4. W.T. Sherman

I don't trust anybody either, especially ones that believes in a supernatural being and are always blowing it's horn. in my experience those are the ones that will quickly "stab you in the back", seen it way too many times.

5. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I’ll take a Christian over a Muslim any day.
    And yes, I have been around several Muslims.

RJF22553 and winds-of-change like this.
  6. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

US political criminals jumped into bed with the ChiComs. Result: Americans are routinely infested with pestilences originating in China.

7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

RJF22553 and towboater like this.
  8. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

I think what is true is that any society/country not built on the value system this country is based on can't and should not be trusted by ANYONE! Are we perfect, NO. But our value system is based on the 'good' rather than the 'bad', but it is rapidly changing to the 'bad'!!!:(

RJF22553, towboater and TimKS like this.
  9. Maineiak

Maineiak Active Member

This virus acts soo different then others. Some people get it, walk around with no symptoms, and its deadly for others. I am starting to think it was man made.

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

How does that make you think it’s man made?

towboater likes this.
  11. TimKS

TimKS Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Got this in an email.....have NOT fact checked it.

Good read from an immunologist at Johns Hopkins University

“Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this with others who don’t understand.

It has to do with RNA sequencing...i.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an “all human virus”. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year. You get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses come from animals. The WHO tracks novel viruses in animals (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1, birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once one of these animal viruses mutates and starts to transfer from animals to humans...then it’s a problem. Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity. The RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isn’t human, and the human immune system doesn’t recognize it, so we can’t fight it off.

Now...sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human. For years it’s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human. Once that happens, we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, that’s what decides how contagious, or how deadly, it’s going to be.

H1N1 was deadly, but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. Its RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus. It existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long. But one day, at an animal market in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person. But here is the scary part. In just TWO WEEKS, it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, “slippery”.

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a “human” virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity), took off like a rocket. And this was because humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs.

That’s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1, or any other type of influenza...this one is slippery AF. And it’s a lung eater. And, it’s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain S and strain L...which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him till the Black Plague passed (honestly, I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation.

And let me end by saying...right now it’s hitting older folks harder...but this genome is so slippery, if it mutates again (and it will), who is to say what it will do next.

#flattenthecurve. Stay home folks. And share this to those that just are not catching on."

12. Maineiak

Maineiak Active Member

It makes me think that because of how it behaves. It might attack certain blood types and not others so much, they don't know for sure yet but some evidence. It spreads very easily and stays on things for a while...I don't know, its more of a feeling than anything else

towboater likes this.
  13. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Personally, I have to go with the bat - based explanation. Missouri has lots of caves and lots of bats. As everyone knows, most species of bats spend the winter congregated in caves. A disease has been killing bats in Missouri for a number of years in large numbers. Unlike some folks across the ocean, we don't eat things that eat mosquitos.

Early settlers mined bat guano (poop) for salt peter to make black powder. So, if bats are a vector and somehow our native bats become infected, the virus could be around for a very long time. Bats don't practice social distancing. One infected spelunker could pass this off to a colony of our native bats .....or not. Don't know if bats migrate much.

I'll ask Dr. Fauci next time he's in town.

Capacitor, RJF22553 and towboater like this.
  14. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

Much research is required to verify this. Has anyone confirmed that animals in Wuhan have it or anything like it?

What exactly is the vehicle by which a virus "mutates"? If this is known then it may be possible to engineer just about anything from existing virus banks. If the information we get is correct, Wuhan has such facilities.

I would not rule out man made. I would not however make an unfounded accusation without any firm evidence.

Do I think the Chinese commies would toy with these things? Yes.

Do I think "scientists" fully understand what they're talking about, or the nasty things they play with at bio-weapon research facilities? No. We've seen things "escape" from our own facilities.

15. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

From what I hear COVID 19 is a hybrid of COVID2 and SARS.

Couldve been made in a reactor, couldve been a human reactor.

towboater likes this.
  16. Maineiak

Maineiak Active Member

Maybe it was "man made" by accident. They feed something to the livestock, or some kind of growth hormone injections that caused it.

17. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

what kind of sick twisted freak deliberately mutates viruses?
    what kind of sick twisted freak sets up a laboratory to do this?
    what kind of sick twisted freak pays government funds for this dubious endeavor?

does anybody ever look up, look around, and think "what we do here is wrong"?

somebody should host a conference, on some barren rock of an island, then nuke it with a neutron bomb.

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  18. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

Funny you should mention nukes. Just like nukes our DOD and those of other countries feel that we must have the capability, because the other guy has it.

Thinking rationally for a moment, that's why I have guns in my home.

MstrMsn likes this.
  19. W.T. Sherman

:rolleyes:

then you clearly are unaware that during the 14th century Yersinia Pestis, otherwise known as the bubonic plague, there were people survived that, despite being locked up with family members that were dying from it and being bitten by the same fleas.

or as late as the early 20th century there were people that survived the 1918 pandemic despite being expose to the virus

it's nice to have "feelings", like love...…..... but not to anything else

20. Maineiak

Maineiak Active Member

Yes they survived after being exposed, doesn't mean they showed no symptoms.