COVID 19

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Sniper03, Mar 27, 2020.

1. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

And the courts in the UK put limits on government. Like the COTUS in America the the courts interprets and makes rulings on constitutional matters. A example bellow of the UK courts limiting government powers.

W.T. Sherman likes this.

2. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

Manta, got it, but most of the bill of rights deal with the government and the rights of individual citizens. There is a difference between SCOTUS ruling in regards to individual rights and a SCUK ruling between individual portions of government. I think we yanks feel a closer bond to the Bill of Rights and the general disdain of tyranny, which we seem to be experiencing of late.

Sadly, as things progress, the local tyranny will come under fire from the citizens - "the governed" to the point where there will be much a revolution as occurred centuries ago. It may not be as violent, but citizens, IMHO, are fed up for the most part. That is good, as that is what gained our independence from a tyrannical dictator/king. Just hope the bloodshed is nil...

Ghost1958, manta and woodlander like this.
  3. W.T. Sherman

W.T. Sherman Well-Known Member

yeah, and who is going to lead this "revolution"?

these guys?

[​IMG]

or these???

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    alsaqr likes this.
  4. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

I'll put my money on the fat boy Screenshot_20200524-194848_Chrome.jpg

5. RKtullahoma

RKtullahoma Well-Known Member Supporter

Not completely historically accurate, but the point is made. This country was born against terrifying odds, with pettifoggers, cowards and traitors in plenty. We're used to it.

Ghost1958 and RJF22553 like this.
  6. W.T. Sherman

yeaaaaaaaah, nice sentiment, but you are forgetting one tremendous huuuuuuuuuuge insurmountable difference between then and now. can you even guess the difference?

yeah, you probably can't.…so let me point it out for you, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin, Hancock et. al. were the leading figures in that revolution, in other words the entire leadership of the colonies.

so who is going to lead and form this "revolution'?.....guys like these[​IMG]

[​IMG]

alsaqr likes this.
  7. TimKS

TimKS Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

American Spirit is still alive and well in many, even the old, the fat and the untrained.

"Where there is a will, there is a way!"

The pessimistic like you will pushed aside and forgotten.

Ghost1958 and towboater like this.
  8. W.T. Sherman

[​IMG][​IMG]

pushed aside????? only way I see being pushed aside is if I'm in McDonalds and their name is called to get their BIG MAC and fries and I happen to be in-between them and their BIG MAC [​IMG]

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    alsaqr and manta like this.
  9. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member Supporter

Timing for this was PERFECT. Next door neighbor posted on his FB that stupid meme about people carrying guns to save the world but won't wear a mask.... So I posted this on my wife's page which he follows.

ellis36 and towboater like this.
  10. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

Hide in your house and watch.

Itll be more like the armed folks at the Capitol hanging a dummy of the governor while KSP kept a very respectful distance away.

Make no mistake. If push comes to shove the gov has no scenario in which it wins. Or comes close .If even a tenth of Americans retract their permission to be governed.

towboater likes this.
  11. W.T. Sherman

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

that's a hell of a "wet dream" you got there

12. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

No dream. Fact. The gov pays people to analyze such things.
    Look it up.
    Personally I hope nothing like that occurs. But I'm pretty sure based on how devided the population is in many ways and how fed up with this corona virus excuse to set the BOR on fire a huge mostly armed portion of the population are, that barring the many little dictators taking huge steps backwards itll likely occur. Within a year or less.

13. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

the main question is will the ethnicity biases be overcome to facilitate a cohesive front or will the infighting bog down a frontal assault if the scenario comes to that!