COVID 19

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Sniper03, Mar 27, 2020.

1. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

Do what you believe is best for you and trust the man upstairs.

primer1 likes this.
  2. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember Tom Sawyer? in particular, Aunt Pollys book of wise sayings for every occasion, many of which were the exact opposite of others in the same book

it's like a conversation between people who can see the obvious fact that gender is determined by nature and evidenced by plumbing, versus people who are woke to the reality that gender is a social construct and you clearly are the gender you choose to be at the moment.

both sides are smug in the knowledge that they have a clear grasp of reality, and the opposition are masters of self delusion.

the question for me is not which side is right regarding the origin. the question for me is, is the controversy manufactured and manipulated by a single entity?

primer1 and towboater like this.

3. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

alas as my circle of friends tell each other...

can you do a thing about it now?

then get over it and move on to something positive!

cheers

4. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

School this fall should really be a blast! For students, teachers and parents!

ellis

5d5f6784-f96d-4993-bc6a-9fe023ab837c-0c7f8225-7f39-4d82-bc7c-a0db205b745a.jpg

primer1 likes this.
  5. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Wow. ^^^^^^ Add on detentions or even expulsions for students who refuse or get caught multiple times breaking these rules.

ellis36 likes this.
  6. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

How is that gonna work in high school? If the English teacher is your homeroom teacher and you are no longer allowed to change rooms is he or she gonna teach Chemistry, Geometry, and Swahili also?

7. Gatoragn

Only class necessary for the future society is Marxism.

8. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Again fear is an unbecoming trait in an individual and moreso in a people.

I see what we have become and I am ashamed.

What gives me hope is the various individuals that STAND STRAIGHT against the pressure of feckless bureaucrats and say, ENOUGH! I AM GOING BACK TO WORK!

What a time we live in when going to work is an act of civil disobedience.

9. microadventure

thinking about the Battle of Britain. what them Limeys would make of all this.

schnuffleupagus, RJF22553 and ellis36 like this.
  10. RJF22553

RJF22553 Well-Known Member

In my day, it was "duck" and crawl under the desk getting ready to kiss our a$$ goodbye from a nuclear blast. Now it is "social distancing". I guess every generation needs something to remember...

Sorta feel sorry for the interim generations: what can they brag about?;)

Sniper03 likes this.
  11. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

The drug culture?

12. manta

manta Well-Known Member Supporter

I am not sure what they would have made of it then, but now most see the lock down and staying off work as sensible to help the health service cope and save lives. They do not see as a power grab or assault on their rights, as a lot of Americans seem to think it is.

W.T. Sherman likes this.
  13. microadventure

pretty sure the boomers own that too. Cheech Y Chong, et cetera

14. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

I never did a nuclear blast drill in grade school, only tornado and fire drills. Granted, I'm a final year boomer.

The drug culture had a major shift in the 80's, but Cocaine wasn't my thing.

15. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

An opinion piece on how the COVID-19 "precautions" could have been handled better. A perspective.

A disaster of our own making @ The Washington Examiner, 5/14/20.

16. Gatoragn

Does N.I., U.K. have a Constitution with a Bill of Rights?

17. manta

Bellow will explain it better than me.
    Northern Ireland Constitution Act 1973 - Legislation.gov.uk

18. Gatoragn

Indeed, a lot bellowing about what the government allows, but no mention of rights.

Folks that can't see a difference likely won't object to a government closing their business, or the business they worked for, causing them to lose their life savings.

I know of an accounting service that was forced to close and permanently layoff 30 employees.

ellis36 likes this.
  19. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Here in the U.S., one would think the 14A and 1A would apply in such cases where the government forcibly closed these business but not those. Equal protection under the law, and every right to "assemble" and speak. Of course, the Court doesn't care nearly so much for those things as it ostensibly once did.

Sayonara, to many businesses. At the stroke of a pen ... poof! ... gone. Out of fear of what might be. Not over outright damage to others.

I've got to wonder: what's the difference between possible infection with a "bug" and, say, drinking alcoholic beverages or operating vehicles while medicated? It's no crime to drink, nor a crime to consume medicines. It's only a crime to damage others due to one's incapacity and reckless disregard for the risks of doing so (ie, driving a motor vehicle if impaired).

No harm, no foul. Certainly, by that definition, no standing for anyone, least of all "government," to step in preemptively and declare with the stroke of a pen portions of the economy are to terminate else be imprisoned/fined/manhandled.

Far too many sheep willing to bend over for whatever edicts are declared. Far too many in "law" enforcement deciding to force such things upon people. Far to few judges worthy of the name of "Judge."

Last edited: May 24, 2020 at 6:51 PM
    primer1, towboater and ellis36 like this.
  20. manta

There are rights as well, you are right who knows what economic damage this will cause. If this virus is going to be with us long term, things will have to be done differently.

Last edited: May 24, 2020 at 7:47 AM
    W.T. Sherman likes this.