Court Tosses California Concealed Carry Rules

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by danf_fl, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Ez2b

Ez2b New Member

Yea good news for taking baby steps to get our american right back

One
    Big
    Ass
    Mistake
    America

2. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Just super. :D

This is the first federal appeals court ruling to go our way in some time.

3. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

I hope it stands and is not appealed and I hope someday they can have reciprocity with other states.I hate not being able to pack when visiting family in L.A. and Fresno.
    Now does this go for the entire state?

4. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Surprising that it came from the ninth circuit when others have ruled in opposition to similar cases.

It will all come down to SCOTUS' opinion.

5. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Court strikes California law restricting concealed weapons

(02-13) 13:48 PST San Francisco -- California must allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms in public, a federal appeals court ruled Thursday, striking down the core of the state's permit system for handguns.

In a 2-1 decision, the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco said San Diego County violates the Constitution's Second Amendment by requiring residents to show "good cause" - and not merely the desire to protect themselves - to obtain a concealed-weapons permit.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Court-strikes-California-law-limiting-concealed-5232386.php

Lotta you cali folks gotta be pretty happy. One small step for california , One great leap for californiaians !!

6. TankTop

TankTop Active Member Supporter

Court strikes California law restricting concealed weapons

Talking with my brother who lives in San Diego, there is also another case going through the courts in California on possession of firearms in vehicles. That law is even tougher.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

This is another reason California law needs changed...

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/march/posse.asp

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  7. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Can californians not have firearms in their vehicles either? So basically Self defense is limited to your house and nowhere else in CA ? ( short of this ruling ofcourse. )

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  8. TankTop

TankTop Active Member Supporter

You can have a gun in your car, it must be unloaded and locked in the trunk. The ammunition must be in a separate location and also not accessible by occupants of the vehicle. This makes almost any transportation of a handgun in California almost guaranteed to be a felony.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

9. JW357

JW357 New Member

To muddle the idea of self defense further, there is no castle doctrine, and there is a duty to retreat, so to speak.

It was time for a new signature. This is what you get.