Court: Chicago Must Pay NRA Legal Fees-Again!!!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by alsaqr, Jul 9, 2014.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

This one must surely PO hizzoner, Rahm:

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/07/c...d-to-pay-nras-legal-fees-again/#ixzz36zrv3Y2f

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/07/city-of-chicago-ordered-to-pay-nras-legal-fees-again/#!

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

if they keep going at it enough, they will bankrupt Chicago!:p

3. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

Aren't they making up for that loss by taxing the crap out of gun and ammo sales now?

4. Yunus

Yunus New Member

I find this hilarious.

However, is this something that goes back and forth? Has the NRA had to refund lawyer fees to any cities/states/anti organizations? I'm just wondering if this is lawyers trading money at taxpayer expense or is it more one sided which while at taxpayer expense I have more tolerance for.

5. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

heh. probably already bankrupted.

i think its awesome their city has to pay for what they have done to their citizens. i wish it would sting enough to get them to stop. last i remember, chicago was in the usa and subject to the law of the land...the constitution. :confused:

6. Axxe55

pretty soon you'll see these signs at the all the city limits!

can be bought cheap!

Attached Files:

7. hawkguy

they could give almost anything away in chicago for free...and i'd pass.

and the other the problem is...all these a-holes are coming to texas. :mad:

i'm getting to where i almost throw up in mouth a bit when i see so many plates form CALI and NY moving into austin and the surrounding area. especially considering those states have traditionally been very critical of texas and our culture.

wreck their state and cities, then come wreck ours? :mad:

i can only hope they're good folk getting away from the madness, but i'm not convinced. :(

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  8. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Of course the lawyers are just swapping fees.

I had a small town lawyer tell me this, and with a straight face:

He said, "Son, in a town like this, if there is just one lawyer, he will starve to death. If there are two lawyers, they will both make a good living......"
    A law degree is as close as a license to steal as exists in our society.

When they make me king of the world, my motto will be, "a lawyer for every lamp post."

9. Axxe55

you know we can still legally tar and feather, and run out of the state anything that comes from north of the Red River!:p

10. hawkguy

LMAO! if only!

like i said, i just hope and pray they are good folk fleeing the crap, and not the crap come to spread the virus into our great state.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  11. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

And that is why I love Texas :p

12. mseric

mseric New Member

Hey Hawk, not to burst your bubble here, but the "City" isn't paying for what they have done to their citizens, the citizens themselves have to pay for what the City has done to their citizens. It's called Taxes and it comes directly out of the Citizens pockets. When they run out of Tax dollars because "They" have to pay for their illegal actions and mistakes, "they" will just take more from "their" citizens.

This is why they will not stop and cannot be stopped with financial penalties levied against the "City". The only way to stop them is to Financially penalize the individuals that run the City, but that will never happen.

13. mseric

mseric New Member

HUH, doesn't Texas have laws that Ban your Constitutional Right to Open Carry an Handgun in public. What's to love here? Texas may not violate your Constitutional rights to the extreme degree as Chicago, but a Violation is Still a Violation, is it not? Yet you Love Texas, for what, their pro gun laws or their anti gun laws?

14. hawkguy

yeah, i know...kinda like drinking a bottle of drano....sure, it'll clean you out, but it'll leave you empty inside.....:)

and you are right of course....but maybe the sting to the taxpayers might convince them to vote smarter? well, wishful thinking anyway...

15. hawkguy

hay hay...take it easy, my bro! ;) THAT"S ONE THING! name anything else in texas gun law (other than open carry of handguns) that isn't very decent! overall, in both law and culture...its pretty dang gun friendly in texas.

and honestly, i don't get the vibe from any gun owners i know in texas that they are worried about open carry of handguns at all. i'm not.

and also....watch what you say about texas until you at the very least become a texas transplant! :p you have been warned.....:p

16. Franklin1995

Franklin1995 New Member

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

17. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

Sadly, those leaving NY to go elsewere arent the ones you wish would be moving there. Many are the ones that ran from the fight, the ones you might wish for are the ones that stayed to fight the fight and were still here. Albany is our Alamo and were going to take our state back. Upstate NY is more like TX than you may ever believe. Unfortunately we have a giant cesspool called NY City that is much like Chitcago.

As far as this OP, its sad that Chicago doesnt have an upstate like NY to fight for it...

18. CrazedJava

CrazedJava New Member

I checked population figures. Chicago is large but not enough to bully the whole state. I suspect Illinois is another one of those places I keep hearing about where the rural residents don't vote. That's become a real epidemic.

Rural voters in Illinois outnumber the large cities. Either they are not voting or the state is deeper blue than some people will admit. Quite a few Chicago workers are actually bussed in from Indiana, which I find interesting. Still plenty of jobs in the city, especially for white collar tech workers, but they don't want to actually live there.

19. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The Washington Times the only MSM outlet giving this any play, not that that's a surprise.

20. hawkguy

i have always heard great things about upstate NY from everyone who has been there. damn shame what NYC does to decent folk. keep fighting the good fight. i feel really bad for upstate NY.