Counting down the hours....

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Gh0zt36, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

So I sold the 10/22T yesterday @ 5pm , was a nice gun but just wasn't for me .....

Moments later I called my LGS and asked if they had any 10/22 takedowns. And to my surprise since it's more of a ammo shop than a gun store. They had just got one in an hour before I called. Bit pricey 375.00 out the door. But apparently it comes with a lifetime warranty for that price. So It's worth it I guess. The shop ownerclosed 10 mins before I got there. But he opens at 10am just over 3 hrs from now. Can't wait . This is the 10/22 I wanted . I'm going to buy a small scope . maybe a BSA 10/22 sweet if it will fit in the bag .

If anyone has any cheap scope suggestions for 100yrds and under that hold a zero well. Postem . So thats it . I'll post pics in a few hours when I getter home.

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

3. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

I found a really good price on a nikon pro staff . This rifle is gonna be one sweet shooter!!!!

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/18...?cm_cat=CheckoutConfirm&cm_pla=ProductDescrip

didnt have enough for rings though.... do they need to be 1" to fit the rail that comes with the takedown ???

4. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

You need one inch rings for that scope. You are going to have to buy a base for the rings. The take down is only drilled and tapped. I highly recommend the combination dovetail base. The combination base is extremely rigid. I have seen it used cantilever style on Mosin Nagant's - it never bounces.

5. mdauben

mdauben New Member

My 10/22 TD came with a base and set of screws to attach it. It is kind of flimsy though so I replaced it with an inexpensive aluminum rail.

6. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

yea it came with a base .... I just need rings right now . but im broke lol I blew threw my 530.00 budget for this set up haha ... oh well least the scope will look cool in the box :)

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I suggest you get rings with quick disconnect levers unless the bag is big enough to take the scope attached.

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

thats a great scope. you will need 1 inch rings to fit the scope. however, you need to check the base or mount. i know alot of .22 rifles use a 3/8 dovetail.

so if thats the case i suggest this..
    http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Airgun-Me...538&sr=8-9&keywords=one+piece+scope+mount+3/8
    i have one for my marlin and nikon combo. works great!

if its not the case then you should be fine with any standerd rings.

you should post up a picture or 2

9. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

This is it so far ... I just got my 2 Ruger BX-25 mags in the mail today. But I ordered the scope online as you saw and don't have it yet . When I get more money I'm going to modify a butler creek folding stock for it too . And depending on how it shoots I might get a voltsquartzen trigger group . But if it shoots well ima leave it as is. This is also my very first brand new rifle. :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  10. MOshooter

MOshooter New Member

Very nice rifle,Congrats!

11. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

thanks , can't wait to get the scope on it. I like that the rear iron sight is flip down too so you dont have to remove it .

12. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Aww yea . Scope came. My nikon prostaff rimfire 3-9x40 for the 10/22

Definitely going to need some quick disconnect rings though ... I dont think the scope on the reciver half is going to fit in the takedown pack : /

Attached Files:

13. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

Ruger has never made a 10/22 with an integral dovetail.

14. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

A screwdriver in your gun bag might prove to be as handy as the gun its self. I would use a conventional weaver mount.

15. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i might have known this if i owned one. thats why i said a lot. not all. :p

16. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Which brings me to a different problem. I had an old set of rings laying around I tried to mount and the block on the underside of the ring mount thats supposed to sit in the space on the base is too wide and I compared the 10/22 factory scope base to another scope rail and the spaces for the rings on the 10/22 are alot thinner . Am I going to need special scope rings for the 10/22 base?? And also what profile rings should I go with for a 40mm lens scope with a 42mm housing? Med or Low? Sorry I'm such a noob lol

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  17. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I have the Ruger SR-22R love shooting it, as well as the MP 15-22. Since the SR-22R came with Picatinny setup, I had to go with at least 1 riser and still using 1" extra high rings. I use mostly Warne Quick release rings. I am thinking on getting one!

Here is an article from gunblast on the takedown:

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-1022TD.htm

Ruger forum has some discussion on the sites:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=159862

18. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

19. mdauben

mdauben New Member

20. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

Really........ Do the quick attach rings hold positive lock after a couple dis and re mounts? And does it hold zero well? I'm glad to hear someone on here had positive results . was kinda a shot in the dark as I've never used UTG products for scopes