couldnt shoot today

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by David26, Oct 13, 2009.

1. David26

David26 New Member

The combination of not being able to shoot today and not being able to call them in I was only able to walk away with 2 birds today. Sunday I got 4 geese and 3 ducks and opening day between 6 of use we where able to bring down 32 birds but today I was only able to get one duck and one goose. Had to walk what seemed like a mile to retrieve the 1 goose. Hit another goose I was never able to find (feel bad about that) but some coyote or fox will eat well tonight
    2009_0917kayliespictures0014.jpg

2. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

We've all been there as hunters and anglers. Some days are better. :D

Still, you did not go home without food, and that is a good day in my book. :D

I try to remember that it is called hunting, not killing. Fishing and not catching. Also, a bad day hunting or fishing is better than a great day at work.

3. Jess

Jess New Member

two kinds of hunting

good hunting and great hunting

great hunting is when you actually get something

same can be applied to fishing.

4. dukech1

dukech1 New Member

X2 Jess, sometimes just being in the woods is reward enough. Actually getting something is the icing on the cake. Nice birds though! Can't wait till goose season around here.

5. M1arifles

M1arifles New Member

Great shot bro.. I hate wild duck they are just to aggressive to shoot.. Or maybe i am just a newbie to shoot a wild duck lol.

6. ljsayat13

ljsayat13 New Member

A hunt is a hunt and don't feel bad about the day with few killed ducks or goose, and even professional hunters does not posses luck on their daily hunting. :D