Could be fun...

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Shihan, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Damn sharp and powerful unit. Range instructor had one at the range last summer. They are kick ass. If I ever have an extra $1300 to blow, I will definitely consider picking one up.

Love them crossbows and one that will fit to your AR lower, hell that's great combination adaptability. Was shooting 1 inch groups at a 100 yards, no lie! :eek:

Only drawback is you have to use the product's arrows, and they are little pricey as well, at $90 apiece.

Jack

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I hunt with a man in his 60s with a bum shoulder and he uses a crossbow during bow season. That thing is SAH-WEET! It throws a a heavier bolt faster then a bow could ever dream of pushing an arrow. After shooting it I wanted to talk my Dr into writting me a note so I could hunt with one(required to use one here in NC).

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

I use a crossbow to hunt here in Ohio. The state allowed crossbow hunting for anyone a few years back. The past 2 years, deer taken by crossbow nearly equal compound and long bow put together. The state has a minimum pull weight and min and max fps. Also a min cutting diameter for the broadheads.

All crossbow companies have their own bolts (arrows) and you need to use thier bows. The only crossover I know if is between Horton and Ten Point. That is because the guy who started Ten Point was a design engineer for Horton. (made in Ohio, thank you)

I believe the one that fits the ar lower exceeds Ohio's max fps.