correct way to do "quote's"

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by iluv2shoot2, Jul 12, 2011.

1. iluv2shoot2

iluv2shoot2 New Member

I do not want to copy a whole thread so I'm trying to isolate a part of it to put in a response. I've done it before, but I can't get it to work now. I highlight the area I want to quote and hit the quote button, but the whole paragraph pops up. Duuuuuh, whats wrong? Not enough coffee this AM I guess! it's a waste of time and space to quote it all.

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

What I do is list the whole thread and then
    delete everything but the portion I want to
    inject an opinion on.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I do what PanBaccha does.

4. moonpie

moonpie New Member

works for me

5. iluv2shoot2

iluv2shoot2 New Member

I thought I had done something else one time before. Must of been a flashback compliment of the 70's!

6. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Probably. ;)

7. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Use the quote button. It's the third from the right under the post you would like to quote.

8. Bushman

Bushman Member

you're doing it right. Just delete the part of the quote you want gone in the "Message Box"

9. iluv2shoot2

iluv2shoot2 New Member

Cool beans. I just thought for some reason I did it different before. Don't know where that random thought came from. Thanks!!

10. orangello

orangello New Member

While making a double peace sign, one with each hand, simply allow your index and middle fingers to curl down toward the base of your palms, almost touching the palms before returning to the full upright li'l bunny foofoo position two times in quick succession. This can be done either before a verbal quote or both before and after the quote.
    :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. iluv2shoot2

iluv2shoot2 New Member

You aint right dude!!LOLOLOLOL

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

You can either just hit the QUOTE button and delete anything you don't want. Or you can just highlight (LEFT CLICK AND DRAG) what you want. Then COPY (CTRL C) or (RIGHT CLICK). Then go to post and click the QUOTE BUTTON Paste (CTRL V) or (RIGHT CLICK PASTE) then in the