Coronavirus diversion thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Mar 17, 2020.

1. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Lucky folks, you and your family.

A truly beautiful area, up your way.

Noatak National Preserve
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hillside above Kotzebue, picking berries:
    [​IMG]

Kobuk Valley NP:
    [​IMG]

boatme98 and primer1 like this.
  2. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm laughing on the inside but seriously, I think NOT Pinterest, nice try. Screenshot_20200430-152319.jpeg

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Rex, I was in Kotzebue for a very short time in 1960. I think it was to change planes or a cargo stop. USAF sent me to some pretty remote places.
    Winds, My wife learned to knit when she was 5 years old. You just got a late start. She was knitting wool socks, stockings and sweaters. Back then it was a normal thing for kids to learn to knit. It was war time and a necessity. They had couple of sheep for wool they exchanged for yarn. Some of the older women had spinning wheels and used them. She was lucky she lived in a small village and had some farm ground. They at least had food.

primer1 and winds-of-change like this.
  4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I learned to crochet about 5 years ago and to knit about a year and a half ago. Lifetime knitters can make miracles out of yarn. My sister used to raise sheep and spin yarn.
    Women in the knit group I attend make much of their clothing. I’m always so impressed. Beautiful things. I got a pair if knotted socks from one for Christmas. They are my favorite. So much more comfy than store bought socks.

5. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Winds, you posted the same message 3 times in a row it looks like. Forums problem??

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Fixed it. Yes, there are some glitches on FTF that are being resolved.

7. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

:):) Figured that may well be the case.

8. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ Well-Known Member

Funeral Directors in COVID-19 Epicenter Doubt Legitimacy of Deaths Attributed to Pandemic, Fear Numbers are 'Padded'.....

https://www.projectveritas.com/news...ovid-19-epicenter-doubt-legitimacy-of-deaths/

In late April, a Project Veritas reporter spoke with Michael Lanza, the director of Staten
    Island’s Colonial Funeral Home.

“To be honest with you, all of the death certificates are writing COVID on it, they’re writing
    COVID on all the death certificates,” Lanza said.

Lanza said DeBlasio might see inflated COVID death tallies as a way to bring more money to New York City. “Whether they had a positive test or didn’t, so I think again this is my
    personal opinion, I think like the mayor and our city--they’re looking for federal funding and the more they put COVID on the death certificate the more they can ask from the federal funds.”

Mister Dave and ellis36 like this.