Core 15

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by DHawk2, Nov 5, 2012.

1. DHawk2

DHawk2 New Member

Anyone shooting a Core 15 AR?

Had a buddy recommend one and I stopped by the LGS today and looked at the M4 (entry model @ $900). They only had the Core 15 and PSA in stock and the guy I talked to said he was very impressed with the Core and owned one himself. I'm new to AR's and was wondering what was thought of them.

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i have not heard of them . i'll have to go looking.. now PSA on the other hand is a good rifle.

3. DHawk2

DHawk2 New Member

4. Rhino24

Rhino24 New Member

I got a Core 15 bolt carrier group thinking it would be great Mil Spec at a good price. Well I go it and cleaned it and went to shoot it and had nothing but problems FTF and other problems .Called them up and Justin sent another one out. The new one the same problems it even shoot three rounds off with one trigger pull. The next time shoot one then failure to go off. But if you look at the round it had a lite primer strike. Sent it back and got a refund . Nice people at Core15. But I'm staying away from them.

5. Rhino24

Rhino24 New Member

6. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

7. DHawk2

DHawk2 New Member

If they have that PSA at my LGS it wouldn't be cheaper. Looks like they sell everything at suggested retail price. Those were the only two brands in stock right now. I'm also thinking about S&W, DPMS and Del-Ton...all in the $700 - $900 range.

8. pagj17

pagj17 New Member

That would be your lower parts, not the bcg, in my experience.

9. Rhino24

Rhino24 New Member

Works fine with two different BCG. I had a BCM. And a new Spike Tactical and never had any problem. I think it was there gas rings.

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Don't know anything about Core but PSA is a great choice.

11. KingTiger

KingTiger Member

I've been very happy with my Core 15 9.5" 300 BLK SBR complete upper I've had for a year now. It hangs with my buddy's 8" Noveske upper accuracy wise, for half the price. I wanted a quad rail SBR & Core 15 was one of the few to offer one at a decent price. It also came with an AAC Blackout mount/flash hider, so I can borrow popular suppressors to use until I have the funds for a SDN-6.

[​IMG]

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Or the $699 carbine special

Attached Files:

14. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Core is a good AR I've sold a few and have been very impressed with them however, given the prices of PSAs it's a tough sale.

15. fsted2a

fsted2a Active Member

I followed the link to their piston upper, and it's Adams Arms. Not surprising, just not proprietary.

16. steve2621

steve2621 New Member

Core15

I have the Core14 M4 Tac and it is an awesome rifle! It comes with a 4150 CMV crome lined barrel and M16 BCG, not to mention lots of other goodies u wont get from other rifles in theyre price range. However $900 for theyre base M4 is WAYYY too much. Budsgunshop has them for $749.