Core 15 or Rock River ?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Blaze, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Blaze

Blaze New Member

I been going crazy deciding what AR15 to buy and I finally had my mind made up on a Double Star but wasn't completely satisfied with customer service I was receiving..

So now I narrowed my list to Rock River and core 15..
    What do you guys think of these and which would you buy?

2. shadow07080

shadow07080 New Member

What is your budget for your ar?

3. Blaze

Blaze New Member

I'm staying around a $1000 and under ...

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Add a lil bit above your budget.. you can get the Colt 9620 from Walmart.
    Or get one of the PSA red dot combo deal (if they have any).

5. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

RRA is a well respected brand name in AR's.

Core is a lot newer.
    Owned a RRA and it shot wonderful and accurate.

Have not owned a Core yet.

6. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Core 15 is a good rifle to be sure. Most of them have milspec chambers and barrels. RRA also uses moly chrome barrels (theirs are Wilson, not sure what Core 15 has. Wilson barrels are some of the best around. RRA chambers will shoot military ammo, but they are Wylde chambers not milspec, so they are supposed to be more accurate. Either A Core or RRA will treat you well
    though.

7. Car54

Car54 New Member

I have a Core 15 in a 300 Blackout, and it does everything it's supposed to do. I've also been to their shop which is quite impressive and the customer service from the employees was excellent.

You have an option of a 1:7, 1:8, or 1:9 barrel with their standard AR.

8. Blaze

Blaze New Member

Thanks for the help so far, I'm still not positive yet which to get but the RRA does have a nice trigger, plastic box lol

9. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I had range duty yesterday, we had a grand re-opening of our 100 yard range (to the public). Beings as I purchased my first AR earlier this week (SW MP15 optics ready), I paid a lot of attention to the AR's and wouldn't you know,, the only ones I noticed malfunctioning were the ones being operated by clueless individuals (hey they have 2A rights too ya know!). Same fellas did not know how to clear a jam either!

Good luck with whatever direction you go. In the end, I realized I was going to have multiple ARs (next one will be a .308 build), so this wasn't like getting married. And you can't sell your wife on Armslist for break-even either.....so how wrong can you go? (if you don't like the rifle hang onto it until the next gun-grab scare, then double - or triple - your money!)

10. Blaze

Blaze New Member

I really like both and at a $115 difference in price is not a big deal either. I figure the trigger & box on the RRA makes up that price. God I hate deciding

11. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

12. Blaze

Blaze New Member

Well after more looking into the two I want, today looks like the core is leading ;)

13. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

I'd be interested to see why. Maybe you could post a list of what you are looking for and what each rifle has to offer? I'm more curious than anything. Colt Bushmaster and RRA are the only three AR manufacturers our office lets us carry right now. Id like to see how CORE matches up.

14. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Links to the models you are considering and a few words on how you intend to shoot and use your rifle will go a long way in helping us help you.

Read the stickies for some food 4 thought.

15. Blaze

Blaze New Member

Well I'm going with the RRA mainly cause there a proven company and nothing against the core Scout M4 but I really believe the RRA LAR-15 entry is a much better fit for me ...

Thanks all for the help.

16. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

:confused: I thought you had decided on core? Don't get me wrong I love my RRA entry tactical. I've just been curious all along as to what drew you to core. Or are you just "brand shopping" based on hearsay?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  17. Blaze

Blaze New Member

I was drawn by hearsay mainly cause core is built by veterans and has a nice price for what you get... Today is the day after a month of research and tore between these two, I keep flipping back in forth in uncertainty...

18. Car54

Car54 New Member

Okay, here's another deal from Core 15, an AR, plus a .22 upper for $999. If I didn't have eight in the closet, I'd be reaching for my credit card.

http://www.core15rifles.com/

19. GTX63

GTX63 New Member

My RRA is a fine rifle and I'm very happy with it.

20. Blaze

Blaze New Member

My friends are trying to get me to buy del-Ton today. Just crazy..... I know nothing about those