Corbon Self-defense Ammo...

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by feedsasquatch, Sep 26, 2009.

1. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

So, I went to Corbon's web site last week and asked for a magazine on their ammo selection. It came in today, that was quick. I'm impressed...

I've seen seen the gelatin tests, velocity #'s, energy #'s, and testimonials, my question is, is Corbon SAFE for MY GUNS? I have a Colt Combat Commander with a Kart Barrel, a S&W 642 J-frame, and a Glock 23. I don't know how these guns will like Corbon's crazy high velocities. I'm sure my S&W and Glock won't...

What do you guys think? Also, JHP, DPX, or POW'R BALL? They all look so good...

2. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

I've never tried CorBon ammo. I have used Speer GDHP and Federal HydraShok's forever. They don't jam in my semi's and they've been around forever. I just hope they perform as intended if I ever need them! I like to keep my defensive ammo in the same weight class as my practice ammo so POI doesn't change. I believe CorBon achieves their high velocities and devastating expansion in large part by reducing the bullet weight.

3. feedsasquatch

feedsasquatch New Member

So does no one on this forum use Cor-Bon .45 ACP HPs?

4. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

Not for my .45 ACP, but I have fired several boxes of JHP Corbon rounds through my old vintage .44 AutoMag. Corbon was the ONLY source for 44 AutoMag ammo that I could find when I acquired this pistol back in the late 1990's. The Corbon worked fine in that big heavy pistol.

5. Expeditioner

Expeditioner New Member

I use Corbon .458 SOCOM 300 grain JHP and .223 55 grain JHP. Great ammo.....a bit pricey though.