Cops.................

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by rn-cindy, Jul 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rn-cindy

rn-cindy Active Member

You are going to hear alot about Cops in the next couple days...In light of the Baton Rough , and Minn shooting.... Maybe good shoots....Maybe not......But please don't rush to judgement........I always give them the benefit of the doubt.....

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  2. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I dont know how people can always go about defending ridiculous police actions. Don't talk to them and dont leave home without your gun, after all you are the only one who can take care of yourself.

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Cops are people and no one is perfect. The vast majority of citizens dont have a clue what cops face every day and can not relate to them. Cops hang together because they are the only ones that understand how they live and work. They also have a very high divorce rate because even the wives dont understand the stress levels and some cant live with the fact their husband might not come home from work. It is a dirty dangerous job so dont belittle it unless you have experienced it. I am not a cop and have never been a cop but I do know some retired cops and their stories are not pretty.

4. armoredman

armoredman Active Member

Hundreds of thousands of police officers did nothing wrong today in enforcing the law. It's the same as when a single correctional officer does something insane like having sex with inmates, and every one of us are immediately tarred and feathered with the same brush, regardless of hwo perfectly we do our jobs. The problem with these shootings being publicized so heavily is the racial aspect - it's heavily biased to one side as I never saw a civil rights investigation or an Obama investigation into the November 2015 death of a 6 year old autistic boy at the hand s of two police officers who shot at his unarmed father in a dead end alley, with no justification for the stop, much less the shooting...and, of course the race of the officers was different than the race of the victim. Did you hear of it?
    99.95 of law enforcement officers go about doing a very dirty difficult job day in and day out and do the job right. It's the bad apples that get the news paper headlines.

5. Dallas53

Dallas53 Well-Known Member

I have to concur with Mr. JTJ and Mr. Armoredman, as some tend to forget that LE officers are people, and people make mistakes, and there are always a few bad apples in the barrel at any time.

another factor to consider is that, much of the liberal media tens to focus on the few bad apples, or the mistakes, as if they were more prevalent than they are. as far as the liberal media, bad cops make good press and brings the attention they want the populace to focus on. too many times, if a LE officer does something good, it goes unreported, of if it does, it's nothing more than a minor story or a footnote.

6. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Cindy,

You're not rushing to judgement because nobody you love was executed in front of you for doing exactly what they were told to do. At this point, it's up to a jury to decide whether or not to indict. If the jury decides not to indict, then they must be okay with that.

In the military, if anyone in your unit does something wrong, you're all punished to one degree or another. We can apply the same principle to the behavior of Police Officers. To the Police who complain that they shouldn't be painted with the same brush as those amongst them who should not be in uniform, well... Life isn't fair, get used to it.

I have to agree with SRK's sentiment about not defending any action that's just ridiculous on its face. The incident in Louisiana was an example of what happens when you decide to fight with the Police, which is why fighting with the Police is a really dumb idea even if you manage to live through it. That guy didn't. However, the incident in Minnesota looks exactly like an execution to me.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then 99 times out of 100 it's a duck.

7. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

The Police are being shot on the streets of Dallas at this moment. They claim this is revenge for the Blacks that were shot. This began at 8:45 CDT only a few hours after President Obama called for punishing the police. Obama did not even wait for the final reports.:confused:

8. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Dallas.... The news said ten cops shot, three dead. Things are getting ugly in this country, just wait until election time.

9. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I can see how the people of Falcon Heights might be a little upset with their Police Department and protest, which is still NOT a justification for violence. Any shootings of Police Officers here in Texas is simply malicious criminal activity that needs to be stopped.

10. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Yeah, that's what the janitors with glocks always gave me, the benefit of the doubt...

11. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm nobodies judge but my own worst judge . I know there are very good cops out there . My older sister's son Doug is a law enforcement officer in Henryette Oklahoma so good guys run in the family .

I know what it is like to pay for the sins of others , being scrutinized by proxy ,
    the acts of a relative , friend , or even an agquaintence through work but I know and am no judge of anybody .

When the fear and paranoia run this deep , yaul got to take care of each other , have their backs , LEOs , family , friends and everybody , fricken take care of each other , don't point fingers , TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER DAMN IT !

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

A sad evening in Dallas. Obama got what he wanted. More blood on his hands.

13. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

We need to pray for our law enforcement and their families safety.

14. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

So you're angry at cops, and take actions that ensure to further a police state...
    Sounds like the sub 60 IQ crowd the BLM attracts.

15. armoredman

armoredman Active Member

11 shot, 4 dead, no suspects in custody yet, reportedly. :( Worst police murders in a very long time. Two snipers working together, terror attack, and supposedly there may be a bomb somewhere.

16. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Don't feed into the bull **** media hype and call them 'snipers'...
    Any moron with a gun can take pot shots from a roof top, not everyone gets to call themself a sniper.

17. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Are you sure he was doing exactly what he was told to do. Maybe he was told to put his hands on the steering wheel several times, but instead was reaching for something. Seems you are the one rushing to judgment.

18. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

The victim seemed like a good guy. But made bad decisions. Now if proven that he was doing what he was told. and was shot anyway that would be murder.

19. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Don't really want to get deep into this subject because I know how it ends (cops are all bad or do no wrong). The problem is the people who are on one side or the other. Right is right and wrong is wrong no matter what color skin or what kind of uniform. Yes cops are under pressure and have a dangerous job, but that's no excuse for shooting people who should not be shot and if you can't hack it then get the hell out of that profession. Too many cops are sissified and scared these days. My friends dad and my grandma's 2nd husband were hard nose cops in Toledo OH for most of their careers before making detective and used their duty weapons when needed and chased guys down alleys and beat their asses when they needed to do that as well. They were not scared to do their jobs like some of these trigger happy cops these days. What really bothers me is the licensed ccw holder who was gunned down for following orders. I mean come on, is a criminal going to say he has a gun and permit to carry? The officer was jacked up and damn near shot the unarmed passenger. The other case was a little different with the guy resisting but maybe could have been handled a little differently. Now as far as black men in this country, they have to be smart when it comes to police because they fear the black man whether they admit it or not, but if you are fighting police or doing robberies or whatever crimes you can't get mad when a cop shoots you. The fbi determined long ago white supremacist infiltrated LE organizations and that's no secret so denying that is you not living in reality. The racial divide is just part of this lovely country that we had a civil war over for crying out loud. Confederate flags still hang high and for more than just reason of history. Just like bad cops cast a dark shadow on all police officers so do young black thugs on young black men. The shooting in Minnesota and the one where the cop shot the guy in the back 6 times for running away make me sick to my stomach. There is also many cases of white men getting shot dead by police but that story isn't as spicy as unarmed black men getting gunned down. Racism will never go away because there is someone being taught to be a bigot ever minute of the day but damn can we have some humanity and treat life like its worth saving. I personally know some good cops that are white, black, and Mexican. And I know some that are not so good as well in those same races. Now innocent cops in Texas are being killed for what some loose cannon cops did hundreds of miles away. Sad sad sad. In a perfect world we would just pit the "real" thugs against the "bad" cops and let them kill each other off. As far as the sniper deal I just can't buy it. It's just another juicy word that incites terror in the population. The dreaded "SNIPER". Next they'll be coming after our "SNIPER" rifles after they take away our "ASSAULT" rifles. This whole situation just stinks and I feel for the families of the deceased because it is absolutely senseless

20. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member Supporter

Ladies and gentlemen, none of us were there at these shootings. None of us have any direct evidence of what happened. I've was in the green suit for 14 years and The first thing I learned as a young office was not to second guess the men on the sharp end. Their percepion of what is going on is is going to dictate their reactions. After action review, its easy to second guess someone. Its a whole lot harder when its your *** in the free fire zone. Just remember that the info we are getting is being edited for storyline...

As to the idiotic, inflamitory and above all POLITICAL statements by the comander and chief, I didn't vote for him, his party or any of the people that support him. I do not agree with his policy, or his retoric. I am the one being disenfrachised from the country I've bleed to protect. This whole event makes me sad to see america become just another nation. No longer a leader in the world. We have lost the moral highground when we put this kind of useless mediocrity into power...

I've spent a lot of time around and with police officers sinceI got out of service. Usually as consultant to various departments teaching some of the urban warfare lessons we learned in Iraq. God, I hope they never need to use that knowedge on american soil. I'm not one myself, and have never been a police officer but I have all the respect in the world for anyone who is willing to put on the that uniform and step up to the thin blue line. God protect them.

As far as calling any of these punks snipers, old and out of shape as I am I'll make a field date with any of these lowlives that feels froggy. I just might remember a little bit of my training. :)

A punk on a rooftop with a scoped rifle is not a sniper. Ask some of the other pro's who earned that badge. Don't give these morons a title of repect that they don't deserve.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.