Copperhead Road

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Shihan, Jun 17, 2011.

  1. Shihan

    Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

    8,590
    2
    38
    Seems to be my driveway. This is the third one in as many weeks. I didn't kill this one.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Dillinger

    Dillinger New Member

    23,972
    1
    0
    There is a lot wrong with you Shihan. A LOT! :eek:

    Kill the damn snake and throw it in the woods for the lesser predators to get a little back.

    We are a higher species for a reason.

    JD
     

  3. Ploofy

    Ploofy New Member

    1,197
    0
    0
    I always feel bad about killing snakes. Even the poisonous ones.
     
  4. dog2000tj

    dog2000tj New Member

    8,176
    2
    0
    You should, they are good for rodent control. ;) Just like spiders are good for bug control, snakes can be helpful. But, a poisonous snake in the vicinity of a home with kids and pets ... no, it must die or be relocated. :cool:


    Kill that thing Shi, eat it for dinner and have some grips made from the hide for the Worlds Greatest Sigma ;) :D
     
  5. Ploofy

    Ploofy New Member

    1,197
    0
    0
    Screw that. I kill spiders on sight most of the time. And my dog knows well enough to avoid all snakes, dangerous or otherwise. I just don't like killing snakes, though the only dangerous ones I ever run into are rattlesnakes and the occasional Moccasin. I'm sure if I ever was near a Bushmaster or something, I'd think differently.
     
  6. lonyaeger

    lonyaeger New Member

    10,270
    1
    0
    Non-venomous snakes are good for rodent control, too. But I agree, why keep a poisonous one around, especially one as poisonous as that one?

    BTW, Copperhead Road was a great Steve Earle album! :)
     
  7. Ploofy

    Ploofy New Member

    1,197
    0
    0
    Stupid people.
     
  8. lonyaeger

    lonyaeger New Member

    10,270
    1
    0
    ......huh?
     
  9. BombDoc

    BombDoc New Member

    242
    0
    0
    Reason to keep a poisonous snake around; stupid people population control.
     
  10. spittinfire

    spittinfire New Member Supporter

    9,663
    4
    0
    They make shotguns for many reasons and this would be one of them.
     
  11. stalkingbear

    stalkingbear Well-Known Member

    4,095
    30
    48
    Shi what you need to do is catch a bunch of cow snakes. Turn them loose around your house and your copperhead problem is GONE! The cow snakes are better for rat & mouse control and will eagerly gobble up the poisonous snakes.
     
  12. buckhuntr

    buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

    3,853
    156
    63
    Just remember, folks - it is statistically very rare for a healthy adult to die from a copperhead bite. Hurts like a b!tch, though... (spoken from experience - I got nailed by a little copperhead about halfway up my shin at the end of a backpacking trip once. Took an hour to get to the nearest hospital, another half-hour to see the Saturday night ER doc, who proceeded to start in with the snakebite jokes. :mad:
    Two weeks of antibiotics and a tetanus booster later, I was fine. And I didn't kill the snake, it was just biting in self defense.
     
  13. winds-of-change

    winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

    29,544
    563
    113
    I'm not much for animals dying at my hand, but I think I would have shot the snake that bit me......in self defense.
     
  14. doctherock

    doctherock New Member

    5,132
    1
    0
    That is one beautiful specimen. Turn it loose somewhere else or eat it.
     
  15. cpttango30

    cpttango30 New Member

    13,934
    4
    0
    The only good snake is a god damn dead one.


    I say KILL IT WITH FIRE.
     
  16. Cory2

    Cory2 New Member

    575
    0
    0
    I would just let it go, I don't understand all of these people saying you should kill it because it is venomous. Just because it CAN kill you doesn't mean it should die. If that were the case we should kill all dogs over 30 pounds, and every deer we see, along with cattle and swine.... etc.


    Better question... How did you capture it?
     
  17. cpttango30

    cpttango30 New Member

    13,934
    4
    0
    Dogs can be trained to fetch me a beer or the paper or bite the neighbor letting his dog crap on my lawn.

    A snake is a no good slimy disgusting cold blooded reptile that is out to kill anything and everything it comes across.

    Snakes are of no use to me. For rodent control I prefer a furry little beast named My Cat. In 2 hours one night he whacked 9 mice from under my deck. Thats good for a fat house cat. I didn't need to slimy snake either.

    [​IMG]
     
  18. Car54

    Car54 New Member

    2,103
    0
    0
    By Dewayne Walker
    NBCPhiladelphia.com
    updated 6/17/2011 7:05:58 PM ET

    A New Jersey man received an unpleasant surprise after trying to save a snake.



    On Thursday, around 6:30 p.m., the 24-year-old man was driving on Route 679 near West Stage Road in Tuckerton, when he spotted a rattlesnake crossing the road. Officials say that the man got out of his car to prevent the snake from being hit by oncoming vehicles.
    The man then tried to pin the rattlesnake down with a stick — and the snake bit his hand.
    The man quickly drove himself to Bass River State Park, where emergency personnel called paramedics. He was then airlifted to Atlanticare Medical Center Mainland for treatment.
    Officials don’t believe that the man’s injuries are life-threatening, though a snakebite can cause severe illness. Officials also say that the area is known for having rattlesnakes.
     
  19. ViNoM

    ViNoM New Member

    319
    0
    0
    I've never heard of a cow snake...Is this a local term for a bull snake?

    I agree

    :eek: I'm starting to wonder about you tango. *hanging and shaking my head
    with all due respect...it makes me want to "slap ya upside yer head" ....in the most loving way possible of course. ;)
     
  20. Daoust_Nat

    Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

    3,435
    110
    63
    Use a broom and push it into a trash can or a large bucket and put a top on. You can move it far enough away that it can work on the rodent population in peace.

    I would not let is stay around if there are children around. Pets are usually smart enough to get away from it.