Copper Factory Lube ????

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by FreedomFighter69, Nov 5, 2010.

1. FreedomFighter69

FreedomFighter69 New Member

Who else here has cleaned this stuff out of their gun thinking it was copper residue when they first bought their Glock ?
    Did they just start doing this ? Last Glock I bought in the mid 90's didn't have this crap in it ? After reading the manual I noticed you are suppose to keep this stuff in there. After one day at the range though it's gonna get washed out anyway when you clean it, I don't understand ?? It's gotta be something relatively new ?

2. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

They have been using it for quite a while now. It actually lasts longer than you would think, as long as you don't scrub it off.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010

3. FreedomFighter69

FreedomFighter69 New Member

Oh well I guess I blew that good Idea ! I would have been better off if I didn't know how to fieldstrip one. At least then I would have read the manual and would have found out it is lube and not copper residue from test firing. LOL ! Oh Well ?

4. ET1

ET1 New Member

Yeah, I kind of cleaned it off of my G27 when I bought it too. I always clean the packing grease off of my guns before taking them to the range...who knew? (everybody who read the manual first...that's who)