Cop glock!!!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Seanbo123, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Seanbo123

Seanbo123 New Member

O all these cops out there, well im deciding on becoming a police officer in a while and i was wondering if their is a good glock out there for cops , or if you can even choose your side arm of choice out their. Thanks for the help :)

2. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Most will prefer the 22 or 23 .40 from my knowledge. Know a lot of Leo's and that's what they use

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

That's what I understand too. I've read that over 60% of LEOs in the USA carry the Glock 22. As far as your having a choice in what you carry, well that depends on who you go to work for.

4. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I preferred the G31

5. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

My department lets me carry a personal sidearm. I am currently using my Glock 17 on duty and have no problem with it at all. I plan on buying a G21 after the first of the year, depending on how I shoot it I will start carrying that.

6. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

I carry a G21 which is departmental issued, i also carry a personal BUG which is a G26...... Sone departments issue your firearms to you, and some give the option for you to carry whatever.....

I kind of prefer the issued, because they provide the ammo ;)

7. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Im interested of becoming a LEO in the last 2 weeks ;)

8. lockednglocked

lockednglocked New Member

I've got a couple family members that are Leo's. One carries the G22 and the other carries a Sig p226 in .40 cal. Both are fantastic firearms. I have the G22 and the reason I bought was because I got to shoot his duty pistol, the sig is very nice as well. My G22 is actually really accurate, swap the combat sights out of it and put the night sights in it and you'll love it.. Plus the 15+1 capacity is comforting.

9. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The best Glock for LE duty carry is a S&W M&P in your choice of caliber.

10. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

I carry a 19 with a 26 for off-duty

11. BTenn

BTenn New Member

I'm a LEO and I carry a Gen 4 G22. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Take the stock sights off and put on night sights and you can't beat it! I use the trijicon yellow rear, green front sights. Makes night fire a whole lot easier! Plus if you did get into a gun fight then it's like you said most leo's carry .40's so if ran out of ammo they could toss you a mag. But good luck in your career! And my advice is whatever you choose make sure your happy bc the weapon you use in training will be a partner of yours for life!