Cooper 243

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by ShagNasty1001, Jun 18, 2012.

1. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I listed my AR on Armslist for fun just to see what kind of offers I'd get on it but never intended to sell it until I recently received an email asking if I'd trade for a Cooper 243. I looked them up on guns america and dang those are expensive. What does anyone know about them?

2. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i have read about them over the years and seen them, and they are really nice built rifles with a good reputaion for accuracy. yes they are kind of pricy. but all the reviews i have ever read about them, they rate pretty highly. might be a good trade.

3. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Cooper builds some really nice and very accurate rifles.They aren't your run of the mill production rifle,each one is pretty much custom built.
    I know a few people that have bit the bullet and bought a Copper rifle,and none of them would ever get rid of it.
    Go to Coopers website and find out what model it is.I'd make that trade in a heartbeat!

4. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Never heard of them, so I looked it up... good lord those things are expensive. I personally would have no use for a multi-thousand dollar hunting rifle and would never take it out of the safe for fear of scratching it.

But if I thought I could make a few dollars off of it, that might change my outlook a little.

5. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

If I could find someone to buy it fairly quickly if I trade, I would. It comes with a Nikon buck master 3-12x50 scope which I'd keep and sell the gun since I have no real need for a .243

6. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

It's a model 22. I asked for pictures so I'll post those as soon as I get them

7. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

I know plenty that would buy it in a heart beat. It is sad to see such a cheap scope on such a fine rifle. That rifle should wear nothing less than a Leupold VX-3.

8. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Depending on condition, how much would you say I could get for it? I don't know anything about them

9. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Shag,The model 22 is a single shot,bolt action rifle.You might have a little trouble trying to sell it,if you are just wanting to turn it.
    It is a very nice rifle though,and if it's in good condition it would be hard for me to pass up on a trade.

10. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Yeah that's the real reason I would trade would be for a quick turn around sell so I could get another AR and make a little money since I don't have much use for a .243, especially that expensive of one