Coonans are back!!

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Sarge43, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Sarge43

Sarge43 New Member

The Coonan .357 semi's are rolling out again, this time with better stainless (the originals had some trouble with galling). I've got two on order right now - one to keep original, and one to send off to have customized. I can't wait for them to get here!
    I've been watching their site (im)patiently waiting for the first runs to move out, and they have. First pre orders went out right before Christmas.
    Coonan - Welcome to Coonan!
    [​IMG]
    The new year is going to start off right with both of these coming in as well as a brand new Les Baer Comanche CC that is being customized slightly by Severns Custom before shipping to me at some point in Feb hopefully.
    Woohoo!
    Sarge

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

oh cool ive always wanted one of those!! but i want a black one. not a fan of stainless :/

3. Sarge43

Sarge43 New Member

Part of the customization of the second one on order will be Dave Severns Hard Hat treatment which hardens the surface metal and makes it all a deep black. I'm doing everything as it stands now, even the barrel. That was the easy thing to figure out, I have a few other things to think about for the rest of it.
    Sarge

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

post pics and range report when you get it done. im very interested to see it

5. Sarge43

Sarge43 New Member

I will, but it will be a wait. The Coonans from the factory are 6 weeks out, and then it will take Dave at least 2 months to get the custom stuff done. :eek:
    Sarge

6. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Ive been watching these too. What are they, $1200 for the full size? It just looks completely rough around the edges, literally. No smooth lines, hell, the cheap Charles Daly's look better. I cant wait to see what yours will look like after some customization. It sucks that you have to spend $1200 just to turn it around and spend more to get it customized.

7. Sarge43

Sarge43 New Member

Here's a pic that a buddy sent me of a new production Coonan that hit his local fun store. The slide stop and TS could use a little evening out, but overall, the pistol looks clean and pretty well finished. I keep telling myself "it's only 6 weeks, it's only 6 weeks". :D
    Sarge
    [​IMG]

8. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Oh that's awesome....I need one.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

too bad they got extended slide stops and safeties :/