Coolest, Grossest, Scariesty, and Skeeziest hotel/motel/campground you ever stayed at

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by orangello, Feb 19, 2013.

1. orangello

orangello New Member

Name them, the Fanciest, Coolest, Grossest, Scariesty, and Skeeziest hotel/motel/campground you ever stayed at.

2. orangello

orangello New Member

I always liked the spooky old or skeezy hotels/motels/campgrounds. I have stayed at the "Bill Will Inn" in Clinton, MS, pretty bad all around but not unsafe. In college, my roomates and our girlfriends spent many, many fuzzy weekends in old beachfront motels on the MS gulf coast and downtown OLD hotels in New Orleans. I can remember *****ing about paying $40 for a room.

My preference is campgrounds; i have spent the night in my vehicle in a campground many times when on a long distance drive, usually with a pistol at hand.

3. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

The fanciest/coolest by far the fairmont hotel in lake Louise Canada right next to that the hill country Hyatt resort in San Antonio the skeeziest most nasty one ive been in was a road side inn in some town outside of Houston we got stranded there cause the road outta town was flooded worst nights sleep I ever had

4. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

I once stayed at a hotel in Corpus Christi. I DID NOT enjoy staying there. The hotel itself was nice, but there were at least 2 crack houses within a mile of it, it was surrounded by the friggin hood, and shady looking people would just stand around outside of it. I did enjoy seeing the USS Lexington though.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  5. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Lol that's Corpus Christi I live here and let me tell you after visiting many other city's by far the most getto city I've ever seen and I'm born and raised here I love the island and the surrounding areas for surf and hunting so that's what keeps me here our local government is also working to spruce up the bay front

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I manage a hotel. Mine is a "Gold Award Hotel" with Choice Hotels. I am in the top 10% of all Quality Inns in the country. But I am required to go to conventions twice a year. I wish the rest of the hotels were like mine. I have seen many scary hotels in my 20 years in the business.

Nice hotels? I stayed at a little place called the Del Mar Motel. If I remember right it was like $80 in December. The rooms were clean but basic. No major frills. But...when I walked out of the door to my room it took 20 seconds to walk to the beach! That was all the frills my family needed. Anyone going to southern California should check it out. It is just North of San Diego. The town is called Del Mar.

7. ccrow175

ccrow175 New Member

There's a place in tonopah nevada called the clown motel. Completely decorated with clown related items inside and out. Right below is an old cemetary. Looks like something out of the worst snuff film ever seen haha

8. richone

richone New Member

lexington

i got to stay on the LEX for free for 2 years ! my room was booked by the U. S. NAVY!!! 1968 -69 .

9. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

If they could clean up the ghetto, Corpus Christi would be a beautiful place to live.

Thank you for your service. She's a beautiful ship.

10. orangello

orangello New Member

Sounds like a couple of the places i lived at in Memphis; there crackhouses and corner dealers are billed in the real estate rental rags as "convenient shopping" or "neighborhood markets".

11. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I once stayed at a hotel on Charter Blvd. in Stockton CA right up the street from the inland port. The bank next door was robbed mid-afternoon and the cops killed the robber going into my hotel. I was at training school in the next town but when I got back to the hotel the guy's body was blocking the entrance. After that I stayed in a hotel across town.

12. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

A few years ago, I had to take guest home to D.C. from Charleston, S.C. when my boat broke down.
    I drove him home, turned around and headed back. About half way back I started getting tired and stopped a small hotel/restraint. Checked in, went to the room,set my bag down and pulled back the bed covers. There, in the middle of the bed was a huge wet spot!
    Pretty fresh.
    Pretty gross.
    I ended up napping in the Waffle House parking lot.

13. cgersty

cgersty New Member

I would loose it, I'm deathly terrified of clowns and no way I could stay in a motel full of them no way in Hell!

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

THIS ****hole. Read the reviews. The good reviews I believe are from the owners. The very first one says they got extra towels right away for the pool. They don't have a pool.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-18269443-country-inn-motel-vivian

The hotel I've been most impressed with has even worse reviews, by I stayed there over 15 years ago.

15. hoovco

hoovco New Member

The WIT in Chicago. Really cool place.

16. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Nicest was the Fairmont at Newport Beach, CA. Beautiful hotel, weather was always excellent - after four weeks I was sick of it!:confused:

17. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I stayed at a Holiday Inn on Daytona Beach a week after Spring Break in around 1986 or so. The bedding was brand new because most of it in the hotel had disappeared during SB, something about a huge bonfire on the beach or something. Anyhow, the carper was soaked in beer all through the hotel- still smelled of it. I woke up very early in the morning one day and went out onto the balcony where I had left my shoes the night before because they had gotten wet in the ocean. They were full of cockroaches. I never knew those buggers could fly until I dumped them out off the balcony from several floors up.

All things considered it wasn't really that bad.

18. mcb

mcb New Member

Worst hotel ever was in western Michigan. It was right next to a small airport about every two minutes we were blinded by the airport beacon.

19. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Coolest campground? Liard Hot Springs, Milepost 477, Alaskan Highway British Columbia, Canada. BIG natural pool feed by a hot spring- BLUE water (from copper, no sulfur) Upper pool, off by itself, clothing optional.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...65214-Liard_Hot_Springs-British_Columbia.html

A really nice West Coast hotel? Horton Grand Hotel in San Diego. Victorian decor- no TV in room, but a fireplace. Haunted.
    horton-grand-hotel-main.jpg

Fanciest? Used to do some work at the Greenbrier in White Sulfur Springs WV, and they would comp me. This place has its own RAILROAD station!
    greenbrier_01.jpg

Unexpected bargain? In Hawai'i? Owned by Hawai'ian family, the Outrigger chain of hotels- I used to stay at the Outrigger Reef in Waikiki. Walk down the back steps are you are in sand. Made the BEST club sandwich you have ever had (no- really- with Maui potato chips)

pool-outrigger-reef-on-the-beach-v357648-800.jpg

20. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Not terribly nasty but the Best Western in mason Ohio was dirty. There was a turd in the toilet and piss on the toilet seat when we got there. Dry wall was busted in the halls.

The thrifty inn, Paducah ky. Dirty carpet nasty stained sheets. That's where someone was trying to get in my room. Not like kicking the door down but attempting to enter.