Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be moving to South Barrington, which is located in Cook county. I currently own a couple of AR platform rifles. Are AR-15’s banned in Cook county or does it fall to the local municipality? If so, what are the fines or repercussions? It’s hard to find any clear answer. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,051 Posts

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
I lived in Pike Co. for about a year, I was just across the river from Hannibal Mo. about 8 miles, worked for a hog farmer. Never had a problem with guns there, but that was almost 40 years ago !............

·
Supporting Member
11,973 Posts
Not to be obnoxious, but what would anyone want to move to Cook County IL? I do not know about the entire County. But last year Chicago PD wanted an Armorer School. I guess due to the fact I would be bringing ARs. Parts, Tools and equipment into the City to instruct the class. It was a few weeks later when I received a call they had to cancel the school since I was bringing the ARs! Probably due to some gun grabbing Dem in the city government who raised cane with them coming in! The training officer apologized.
I do know for sure but I believe in Cook County there is a 10 round magazine limit on pistols and rifles. In some areas ARs are Banned. While I was there they had a sugar tax on anything that had sugar in it. Like Cokes, candy, and anything. I believe they have done away with it since I left?
Then while teaching at another Police Department in Cook County out of Chicago proper the officers told me a story I could hardly believe.
A guy walked into a Dollar Store and bought a large box on Pampers. Leaving the store he threw all the Pampers in a trash container on the sidewalk outside the store. Then he walked into a liquor store down the walk at the strip mall with the empty Pamper Box. Placed 4 ea. 1/2 Gallons of Whiskey in the Pamper Box and left the store. He was caught in the Parking Lot by the PD.
When they attempted to file charges on him. The liberal prosecutor in Cook County advised due to the amount the whiskey was worth ($240.00). They were not going to file theft charges because they had more "Important" things to do! WOW! Cook County at it's best! No wonder they have serious problems in Cook County. And one of the murder capitals of the US. Sure would not want to be an officer there since obviously they waste their time trying to enforce laws!
Sorry to hear you are planning on going to Cook County! Also one of the Anti-Gun and Anti-Second Amendment Capitols of the USA. Be careful anywhere you go regarding gun laws. What might be legal in on City will likely not be legal in another!
I respectfully hope what ever you are going for there is worth it? Good luck and be safe!

Reactions: SWSinTN

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I was part of the exodus from cook(Des Plaines) 3 yrs ago and it was very hard to sell my house.But if I was young the Union packages are really nice for a pipe and wire electrician and 36 yrs in 134 got me medical that made the crap I had to put up with worthwhile.Im sure my act wouldn’t make it to retirement today.

·
Administrator
34,281 Posts
I was part of the exodus from cook(Des Plaines) 3 yrs ago and it was very hard to sell my house.But if I was young the Union packages are really nice for a pipe and wire electrician and 36 yrs in 134 got me medical that made the crap I had to put up with worthwhile.Im sure my act wouldn’t make it to retirement today.
I grew up in Schiller Park, Mount Prospect and Arlington Heights before moving west to Genoa in DeKalb County.

I now live in Oklahoma. Not only is the weather better here but the culture is very different, too. We had no problem selling my Dad’s custom built home in Arlington Heights.

Reactions: PGM

·
Administrator
34,281 Posts
Was Gacy in your neighborhood? :eek:

Reactions: PGM

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I grew up in Schiller Park, Mount Prospect and Arlington Heights before moving west to Genoa in DeKalb County.

I now live in Oklahoma. Not only is the weather better here but the culture is very different, too. We had no problem selling my Dad’s custom built home in Arlington Heights.
Arlington Hts is a nice suburb almost as pricey as park ridge.So glad I’m away from the city,so quiet here in Jefferson

·
Administrator
34,281 Posts
Arlington Hts is a nice suburb almost as pricey as park ridge.So glad I’m away from the city,so quiet here in Jefferson
The taxes were OUTRAGEOUS!!!

·
Registered
6,959 Posts
I grew up in Crook County. It was very conservative at the time. Even the democrats were conservative.

There is no way in hell I'd move back. DuPage county was a refuge from CC taxes for a while in the 90s. Now I'm as far as Kane county, 10 minutes from the corn and soy beans. Next stop may be South Dakota or similar.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts