cooey model 75

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by sunsoutgunsout, Jul 13, 2013.

1. sunsoutgunsout

sunsoutgunsout New Member

Not a big question here, but just wondering how to take it apart so i can redo the barrel and stock. I'm thinking the screw at the bottom of the stock, but I don't want springs flying all over!

2. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Yes. Nothing will fly out!

3. sunsoutgunsout

Haha ok just making sure, thanks!

4. mrt8110

mrt8110 New Member

That is the place to start... Cliff

5. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Take down............

Can't help you on the model 75, I have my fathers model 60 that was given to him as a wedding gift in 1946. I shoot often with it, and don't think I'll change the looks of it. Have fun..............:)

6. Leesa

Leesa New Member

I have a Cooey 75...just wondering how I cn find the year made on it? Trying to establish a value... may just keep for my grandsons?

7. willshoum

willshoum New Member

Don"t let them pawn it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

8. Leesa

Leesa New Member

No, not gonna pawn it. Might try shooting it tomorrow infact!

9. sunsoutgunsout

Very hard to find a year on, the 75's were built before winchester bought (1903 - 1961 i believe) this was also before serial numbers were made mandatory! So your cooey can be 50 years old or it could be 100 years old, either way its an old rifle. I'd say heck with it and keep it for the grandchildren. Good little rifle, loads of fun!

10. sunsoutgunsout

Correction*

Before winchester bought out the company

11. KCK81SPPT

KCK81SPPT New Member

Changing stock on model 75

Hey guys I just broke the stock on my model 75, just wondering if I can just go to cabelas and buy a new stock ? considering its a 22 i cant see a issue

12. ZachRome

ZachRome New Member

I don't know for sure but I don't think cabelas will have one.. I may be wrong though I've been wrong before.

13. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Would try to find a stock online for it, you can check cabelas, but the only stocks they have in my cabelas go for 10/22s as an array of other parts for the rugers

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app