convincing for a new gun

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by 00possum, Aug 6, 2011.

1. 00possum

00possum New Member

i want a new 204 but my step dad wont let me get my says its ok but he says no any ideas to help me convince him to let me get it?

2. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member

Why does he think it's a bad idea?

3. 00possum

00possum New Member

well i use my grandmas 222 and hes one of those guys "ihave a deer rifle, bird gun and 22 thats all i need'' but i want a cool new gun and lots of them so he doesnt want to me to spend the money on it.

4. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Where are you located? Here in the North East, 300 yards on vermin is a long way. .223 works fine.

5. 00possum

00possum New Member

central texas i plan on using it on turtles and coyotes

6. rugerlover53

rugerlover53 New Member

Listen to your stepdad. Buy one when you grow up.

7. 00possum

00possum New Member

i was gonna try the shoe thing on him like i would on my mom but he doesnt have a lot of one thing

8. 00possum

00possum New Member

buy one when u grow up i will buti want one now to

9. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member

Any time my Dad argued with me about spending my own money I reminded him that I worked hard for it and I understand what it will take to earn it back and that I'd already taken care of whatever bills I had to pay first. His advice was always make sure it's what you really want, don't ever give up what you really want for what you want right now. My Dad is a smart man.

10. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

I haven't read you other threads, so you may have stated your age in one of them. Not to stomp on your toes, but the I want one now argument doesn't carry much water.

Find a reasonable application for the rifle and present it in that manner. Hornady is the only ammunition manufacturer for the .204 Ruger. There is a good write-up here The New .204 Ruger.

11. 00possum

00possum New Member

thanks yall if all have any more keep em coming. ya i did sound kinda bad when i said i want one now didnt i?

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

.204 Ruger is a great caliber for varmints. Whether or not you can have one is a personal thing on your part.

13. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Alright, I fixed that for you, Possum. I know you're young. I also know we can all figure what you wrote. But would please...pretty please...consider using punctuation and capitals and all that stuff? We're not texting here at FTF, we're having a discussion.

I'm not criticizing you, just hoping to inspire you to your better self.

Would he support you buying one if you earned some or all the money, yourself?

14. knfxda

knfxda New Member

Yes, learn to use puctuation, correct grammar, complete sentences and capitalization.

Not kidding about this.

My guess is that your "argument" for this gun is about on the same level as your post.

If you want to be taken seriously by your Step Dad, then you need to act the part. State your case with a good rational. Accept that he will say no. Continue to be as responsible as possible, and then present your case again in the future, when you have a laundry list of "accomplishments" to go with your cogent arguement.

:D

15. 00possum

00possum New Member

Thanks yall. But u who think i text, i dont i dont even have a phone, but thanks for all yalls help.

16. rugerlover53

rugerlover53 New Member

U is spelled "you".

"I" is a pronoun and always capitalized.

Do you have a job? Do you know how to fill out an application properly?

17. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

One little problem I had with my Dad when I was a few years younger was that I had to demonstrate how responsible I was at all things, not just the thing I wanted.

18. JohnJak

JohnJak Member

I have to agree.

19. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Your Dad probably forsees you needing money for a car, school supplies, further education, etc. I think we're not seeing the whole picture here but just your side. Listen to your Step Dad. I believe he is looking out for your future.