Firearms Talk banner
21 - 40 of 125 Posts
Twice in my lifetime I have had to defend my family and myself from home invaders. The scumbags had felony records and they had guns. I think it is a good thing that felons are not allowed to own guns: They get no sympathy from me.
Not all scumbags have felony convictions, as all bad guys are not behind bars.Some scumbags have no record as they haven't been caught yet. Each case should be judged on their own merits.Just goes to show you that anyone, regardless of a felony conviction or not, can get a gun...

Yep, they can. No reason to legalize possession of guns by felons though.
On the other hand, if we can trust certain convicted felons with release, then why not let them have a gun? If they cant be trusted to legally own a weapon, then why are we letting them out?

On the other hand, if we can trust certain convicted felons with release, then why not let them have a gun? If they cant be trusted to legally own a weapon, then why are we letting them out?

"We" are letting them out because the political pukes we elected say that due to prison overcrowding they have to let violent felons go. Got to make room for kids who were convicted of drug possession.

In any event, I'm secure in the fact that convicted felons will not be able to legally buy guns any time soon.

"We" are letting them out because the political pukes we elected say that due to prison overcrowding they have to let violent felons go. Got to make room for kids who were convicted of drug possession.

In any event, I'm secure in the fact that convicted felons will not be able to legally buy guns any time soon.
And I'm secure in the fact that they will still obtain them illegally but its a moot point because I know what will happen to them should they try to enter my home. ;)

Should convicted felons be permitted to own firearms?

Should convicted felons be permitted to own firearms? Why or why not?

(I wanted to put this in the Legal forum, but it seems I'm not permitted to post there.)

No you can't because you have not been here long enough. So stop posting Legal or political crap in the regular forum. Thank You.....

I started this before I was aware of the 25 post rule, but am past it now. No doubt a moderator or admin will come along soon and move the thread. Thanks in advance to 'em.

Thanks also to Canebrake. (He knows why. ;) )

Convicted felons shouldn't be allowed to breath let alone own anything in my eyes.

they are nothing more than a waste of space and should be restricted to the amount of O2 they are allowed to use in a year.

That's not the same question. That thread is "Is there any way a person convicted of a felony to legally possess a firearm or are they just banned from ownershp?"

My question is whether or not rights should be automatically restored.

I think they should. If a person has been to prison and is released, served their probation honorably and has complied with all sentencing requirements, their debt to society has been paid. Right?

Why shouldn't they automatically be bestowed all rights and privileges that every other free citizen enjoys?

They lost those basic rights when they decided to commit their crime. That is part of the consequences. Besides, if they've done it once, would they not be more likely to do it again? ANd you want to legally hand them a gun?

Convicted felons shouldn't be allowed to breath let alone own anything in my eyes.

they are nothing more than a waste of space and should be restricted to the amount of O2 they are allowed to use in a year.
Got to agree with that. That's certainly true of most folks convicted of felonies.

If there isn't enough confidence in them to permit them to legally own a firearm, a right which extends to all free citizens under the Constitution, then shouldn't they still be in prison?

If there is enough confidence in them to release them back into society as free citizens, shouldn't they enjoy all of the same rights and privileges as the rest of the free citizens?

21 - 40 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.