Conversion question.

Discussion in 'SIG Sauer Forum' started by broke-again124, Dec 31, 2012.

1. broke-again124

broke-again124 New Member

Just wondering which brand conversion barrel is best for my p226 in .40. I would like to go to 9mm and don't really know where to start.

2. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

That's where I got mine and it's been flawless in function , fit and finish.

3. broke-again124

Good to know. I'll look into it. Thanks a ton.

4. Ara

Ara New Member

I have a 226 (40 cal). I recently purchased the 9mm conversion kit from Sig and it works flawlessly.
    The conversion kit comes with a slide (includes night sights), a barrel and a 9mm magazine.

5. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

If you have a 40. cal already all you really had to do was buy a conversion barrel to 9mm for less than half the cost of the exchange kit.The conversion barrels work "flawlessly".

6. Ara

Ara New Member

At first I did consider a conversion barrel. There was a little bit of savings, however, on the long run, the price difference wasn't that much. Barsto wanted $200+ and EFK was charging I believe $150.

The kit cost me less than $240 (including shipping). It included a magazine and the slide with the night sights (which was a plus for me).

7. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

Then you got a really great deal on the exchange kit all the online dealers I saw selling were no less than $300.I picked up my efk firedragon for exactly $150 delivered already had tritium night sights and the mags I have work all three calibres .So the rest I would have spent on the kit got spent on a really good deal I found on 10000 rounds of 9mm.

8. broke-again124

That's a LOT of 9mm!!!

9. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

Yes....yes it was...:)