Considering buying a Mosin

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by Bearsdad40cc, Oct 23, 2012.

1. bobalo59

bobalo59 New Member

I love my Mosin, only thing I don't like is having to clean it with ammonia after shooting. I have a 1931 hex head, 91/30 also a M44, great little carbine. Love taking it to Camp Perry to use in the Vintage Rifle matchs, makes shooters next to me take notice thats for sure. The Mosin is a fine piece of history, that is readily available, inexpensive and fairly accurate. In answer to your question as to whats the difference between a reg. 91/30 and a sniper, is the sniper comes with a scope attachement and scope. The bolt handle is bent down to accomadate the scope. The scope itself is a three recticle little number. Personally, I love these kinds of scopes. When your buying a sniper rifle your buying the scope, and different bolt. As far as I know thats the only difference. If anyone knows something different, I'd love to know.

2. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

Well you have heard what everyone has said, so quit considering & get you one, will be one of the best $150.00 bucks you will ever spend on a firearm..............

3. mosin46

mosin46 New Member

you better know what you are buying if you buy a "sniper" they are so faked you can't believe it. look to gunboards.com for the most knowledgeable info on the subject.

4. Bearsdad40cc

Bearsdad40cc New Member

Thanx guys for all the info. I'll check out gun boards.com. My LGS doesn't have $100 Mosin in stock and I'm not buying 1 off the Internet sight unseen. I'm a novice and want to see it before I buy it.

5. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

DAMN YOU MOSIN PEOPLE!!!! QUIT SPREADING THE MOSINITUS!!!! :mad:
    I wanna trade one of my Arisakas for a M39 :(

Just the thought makes me wanna commit Seppiku on a Type 30 bayonet.... :(

(Not really, thats just silly... :p )

6. collector_rob

collector_rob New Member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  7. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I shouldn't have read that at the office. My boss just called me in to discuss my internet use. Maybe I shouldn't have laughed so hard

8. Bearsdad40cc

Bearsdad40cc New Member

Thanx for the post. I want 1 of those t shirts. LoL

9. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

A mosin nagant is a fun gun. Should it be your only gun? not no but hell no!

10. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Actually, I could live with my M44 being my only rifle.

Sure would miss those 22s, though.

11. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

I couldn't live with it being my only rifle cause I can't shoot it. Its ridiculous

12. bobalo59

bobalo59 New Member

thanx

Ihad this once and I lost it, never to be found again until today. I'm LMFAO yet again at the simplicity of these verses. Thanks for the memory.

13. budman46

budman46 New Member

i don't know about the longer bolt handle on the sniper, but a useful piece of range equipment when shooting other mosins with some of the lacquered ammo out there is a rawhide mallet. :D

i have a few and find the m44's the handiest, but prefer the finn m39.

14. dteed4094

dteed4094 Member

Just keep the chamber clean.