Confused With $2k-$3k

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by 1911love, Oct 2, 2012.

1. 1911love

1911love New Member

I've got about 2 to 3 thousand and want a top tier ar15 in 5.56. I've been researching LMT, LWRC, KAC, Daniel Defense and Noveske. Which is the best built for hard use? Any thoughts would be much appreciated, I own two stripped M&P lowers, but have little knowledge on the subject.

2. bigpappaAR15

bigpappaAR15 New Member

ill sale you my whole gun for $3k

image-2400252047.jpg

image-4283005326.jpg

image-1943273268.jpg

image-3072172620.jpg

Yankee Hill AR-15 with: Daniel Defense Cold hammer barrel 1-9 twist (M4 profile), Magpul M93 stock , titanium firing pin, knights front rail, pop out bi-pod, trijicon Acog with Doc optics red dot on top. All duricoated in urban digital cammo.

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well those are great names and many will come in much closer to $1K. You left BCM and Colt off your list. I'd go BCM or DD. KAC would push more into your original range and is a fine choice but it's no more top tier than BCM.

I have a DD 16" midlength upper on an M&P-15 lower.

4. 1911love

1911love New Member

Pappa
    That digi cam looks sweet. What does that coat cost?

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Listen to Quentin, you can get a top tier AR for a lot less than your budget.

6. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

You haven't heard of the Larue OBR and Colt sp901?

You don't need to be confused. Just spend a little time and read the stickies.

And don't forget to look up Larue and BCM.

7. bigpappaAR15

bigpappaAR15 New Member

$500 but it has to sit for a while befor you can actuly do anything with the gun

8. rurak

rurak New Member

Spend around 1k and buy 2k worth of ammo ....... its what i would do if i had 3k burning a hole in my pocket

9. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Or buy two 1k rifles (everybody needs a spare) and 1k on ammo.

You can get one heck of an AR from PSA right now for 1k.

10. slwarren

slwarren New Member

All of those are good guns, but what do you mean by hard use? Will this be a match gun or duty use, or just something you want to put a lot of rounds through?

11. TankTop

TankTop Well-Known Member Supporter

As completely inexperienced but having read way too much on the interwebs, why don't you get the basic Noveske for 1500 and add a Wilson Combat battle trigger for 275. That leaves you with enough to try to find an ACOG on sale and hit your 3k figure.

12. 1911love

1911love New Member

Slwarren
    SHTF and a lot of rounds through.

Tanktop
    What's up with the Wilson trigger?

13. TankTop

He said he wanted something for hard use, the rest of the Noveske should last forever. The Wilson Combat trigger has been tested in over 10k cycles. I don't think you get any harder use than that.

Edit: just looked it up, N4 uses a basic Stag LPK...

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  14. 1911love

1911love New Member

Thanks tanktop. I have heard LWRC is good, but nobody seems to own one. Lots of people own Noveske. Would you say they are equal, or Noveske is the best in your opinion? Is a Stag LPK good?

15. TankTop

I have no opinion, just been reading a lot, measure twice cut once. I don't know if Noveske is better than LWRC, they are way too different, I would choose the Noveske because if something breaks replacing parts will be much easier. I don't know anything about LWRC other than they are expensive. What I like about the Noveske upper is the barrel is ridiculous overkill for most humans and they all come with a shot peened BCG, about the two most important parts of the gun. As far as LPK, DD, RRA or Spikes all seem to have great reviews. Everyone seems to put more emphasis on spending your money on the trigger, geissele is by far the most recommended. I am kinda leaning towards the Wilson single pull, it looks like a simple design and has a great record for long term reliability. That's about the best info I have gathered in my reading, if there is someone with more experience that wants to correct me, please do so.

16. X-mark

X-mark New Member

Noveske Rifles now come with an ALG ACT Trigger as standard.

17. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I'd be looking at a solid AR with top notch optic and an additional upper in 300 Blackout or 458 SOCOM.

Second option: AR and safe full of ammo.

18. fetep

fetep New Member

I vote LMT. Thousands of rounds not one hiccup!

image-3914443042.jpg

19. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

BRD gives everyone the ability to tell you that a particular rifle is "better" than the rest. it's really gonna be what you prefer, and believe me, THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY OUT THERE THAT QUALIFY TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS!

buy 1, upgrade it, and buy ammo with the rest of your $$$. :D

20. scottybaccus

scottybaccus New Member

LWRC is delivering many to the sand, in the hands of our troops. I think that qualifies as hard use.

I haven't owned one, but the little I have handled them, they seem to be pretty impressive in quality.