Concerned about CC Permit

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by ChrisWar, Feb 11, 2014.

1. ChrisWar

ChrisWar New Member

For those of you that have CC permits, aren't you concerned that you are on a list as owning a handgun? I think of this as a form of registration. Won't you be the first people that the gun ban authorities will go after, when the gun banners get their way?

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

Anythings possible.

But I try to follow the law, and given that I don't live in a Constitutional Carry state, I have little option.

It was time for a new signature. This is what you get.

3. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

i think there are a few million CC permits at this point. IF this ever happens, unlikely they'll knock on your door first.

many states have made it clear to the fed. gov. they will take no part in taking legally owned guns away from citizens.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Chris-
    I have a Federal Firearms License.
    I have a Federal Explosives license.
    I have a State Explosives license (well actually 5 of those)
    I have a Concealed Handgun License.
    I have a military security clearance.
    I have Dept of Energy clearance for entry into nuclear facilities.
    I have a pilot's license.
    I am a certified Bomb Disposal Officer.
    I am an approved Outreach instructor for OSHA and MSHA.
    I am a Radiation Safety Officer and a Hazardous Materials Officer.

I am on so damned many lists that all of them will be busy chasing after me. The rest of y'all can make a break for Bolivia.

In the meantime, consider this- Best estimates- for the US

number of guns held by LEOs 1,150,000

number of guns- US Military 2,700,000

Number of guns- private citizens 312,000,000

Translation- for every 1 gun owned by a govt agency, private citizens own 81 guns. So- who is going to be taking what? Better be concerned about the ballot box at elections. Start at state and local level, find a politician you like and can support- then volunteer some time for their election campaign. Money is good, but they need TIME just as much.

5. Vincine

Vincine New Member

And that's just the ones they know about. It doesn't count the thousands that now are, or have yet to be, 'lost at sea'. ;)

Knowing this, i sleep better. :)

6. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

More states should be challenged by gun owners. The states that deny the rights of citizens to Bear arms without permission from elected officials should be targeted.

7. hawkguy

if you live in a paranoid gun hating state, i could understand a bit of concern.

at this point, nothing done to legal gun owners in NY would surprise me. you poor guys will be limited to owning muskets before long if things dont change.

like i said, in texas, i'm not worried. plenty of lawmakers and law enforcers made it clear here that laws centered around removing guns from citizens will not be enforced locally.

8. hawkguy

all good points. however, i think the 1 government gun to 81 citizen guns is a bit of a misleading statistic.

there are a huge number of citizens with ZERO guns. then there are enthusiasts such as ourselves who own anywhere from 5 to 50 guns as an individual. americans as a whole don't own as many guns at it appears.

probably brings the number closer to 1 to 10 or so.

9. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

Chriswar ... a few things... 1. Being a cc permit holder is the only way the government knows how serious we are as a free nation to be armed with the 2nd to protect the rest of the constitution...2. and when you buy a gun from the lgs its registered to you... 3. As far as the 1/81 or 1/10 gun ratio either way we are a well armed nation... despite those in leadership fighting against us... as one U.N. memeber said " we cannot attack main land united states.. becuase there will be a rifle behind every blade of grass... " we the people will prevail... government works for us

More people armed, less crime...
    Less people armed, more crime...
    you can't have both!! ( Ted Nugent)

10. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Amen brother !!!! Im on several list myself and I have not been in the military , including FFL , multiple Class 3 items , Hazardous / Explosive materials handling endorsements amongst working for a Chemical company . Every time you purchase a item from a dealer they call in your background check . They may not know what you bought but they know you bought something . I would not worry about it , keep your nose clean and play by the rules . You will be just fine . The theory conspiracy people must have their tin hats on rather tight today :D

11. JW357

JW357 New Member

Let us all not forget most people are on at least one list.

Our cars are registered.

It was time for a new signature. This is what you get.

12. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

well if you get caught carrying illegally, you will be on a MUCH WORSE list. think about that!

If you have ever purchased a new firearm, or used a credit card to purchase ammunition, just assume you ARE on a list and leave it at that. live with it. don't be paranoid, live within the law and enjoy your life.

13. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

Holding a permit doesn't mean you own a gun. And since guns don't need to be registered in my state, good luck finding out if I have any

14. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

I believe our government federal, state and local already have more information than I would ever like to know they have. When I bought my M&P 40 I had to provide much information to make the purchase. I am sure they know I have a gun. I haven't bought a gun since 1969 until June 2013. I doubt they know I had rifles and shotguns. There isn't any they could know unless the read these forums - which they might. There are lots of places they can obtain information about anyone.

That is why many feel any form of registration will eventually lead to confiscation.

Google your own name. You may be surprised how much you may see. Might be shocking.

15. hawkguy

BINGO! they already know what they want to know & then some!

don't get too worried, gents. CC or no, how would they know if you lost that gun the last time you went camping/fishing? :p

why....this just happened to me last week!

16. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I am in the camp of not becoming a felon. I have a permit. When I get on a motorcycle or do something where a few drinks might sound good I leave my guns at home. I am sure the NSA has us all on some kind of a list.

17. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

we are all on some sort of list. unless you live your life completely off the grid, you are on a list. part of life of the modern electronic age.

i don't do illegal things, so i really don't give it much thought. those breaking the law have much more to worry about.

18. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

...or I don't look at my gun all the time...I just realized that it was missing, officer.

Some may call you a $uck-*** for playing their game, but I'd rather do that than go out of my to make myself questionable.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  19. awahlster

awahlster New Member

NO...............