Firearms Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody tried these new underarm holster undershirts? I wanna try one but they are relatively expensive. Anybody with first hand experience wanna give a review?

·
Banned
6,150 Posts
This shirt...and Purse Carry, would be the two methods I've not tried.

I did look at them a fee years ago but was disuaded by the price and the notion that I'd need several of them...or a lot cologne.

Nightly washing of my carry rig did not really appeal but I would certainly be interested in feedback from users. Mainly interested in knowing how securely they hold a sidearm and if they allow it to "flop around" like most shoulder holsters do.

Tack

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm...well it looks like an m&p9 wouldn't fit. I need an effective carry method for my m&p9, preferably besides iwb. Even with a strong belt the weight would drag my pants down.

·
Registered
335 Posts
With a light firearm,(15 oz and under.)I believe the holster shirts could be extremely effective. But i couldnt see my self carrying a heavier handgun in them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anybody tried these new underarm holster undershirts? I wanna try one but they are relatively expensive. Anybody with first hand experience wanna give a review?
I have 2 of the holster t-shirts by 5.11, and they work just fine if you are carryine a small pistol such as the Taurus TCP or the Ruger LCP. Anything larger, and they will droop pretty badly. Also be warned, carrying this way will demand increased cleaning time with your firearm due to the sweat. I usually don't use these in the summer for that reason.

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
A 6" belly band would be the best way to conceal a M&P. You can carry the gun in the same position as you would IWB without dragging your britches off. I just wear suspenders when I carry in the waistband.

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts