concelaed holster undershirts?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by potentialglock, Dec 13, 2012.

1. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Anybody tried these new underarm holster undershirts? I wanna try one but they are relatively expensive. Anybody with first hand experience wanna give a review?

2. potentialglock

I'm looking at the 5.11 tactical series of shirts

3. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

You got a site we can look at?

4. potentialglock

Could I carry an m&p9 in it?

5. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

This shirt...and Purse Carry, would be the two methods I've not tried.

I did look at them a fee years ago but was disuaded by the price and the notion that I'd need several of them...or a lot cologne.

Nightly washing of my carry rig did not really appeal but I would certainly be interested in feedback from users. Mainly interested in knowing how securely they hold a sidearm and if they allow it to "flop around" like most shoulder holsters do.

Tack

6. potentialglock

Hmm...well it looks like an m&p9 wouldn't fit. I need an effective carry method for my m&p9, preferably besides iwb. Even with a strong belt the weight would drag my pants down.

7. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I looked for a second, but I don't carry those light weight pea shooters that any shirt material i believe could support.

8. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

With a light firearm,(15 oz and under.)I believe the holster shirts could be extremely effective. But i couldnt see my self carrying a heavier handgun in them.

9. Lynno

Lynno New Member

I have 2 of the holster t-shirts by 5.11, and they work just fine if you are carryine a small pistol such as the Taurus TCP or the Ruger LCP. Anything larger, and they will droop pretty badly. Also be warned, carrying this way will demand increased cleaning time with your firearm due to the sweat. I usually don't use these in the summer for that reason.

10. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

A 6" belly band would be the best way to conceal a M&P. You can carry the gun in the same position as you would IWB without dragging your britches off. I just wear suspenders when I carry in the waistband.

11. potentialglock

Does belly band have a website or are they just sold by retailers?

12. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't know about that brand of shirt, but here a link to one that I do like (cheaper too) ....and it will carry most guns, revolver or pistol.

http://www.kansasccw.org/concealment-t-t-shirt-holsters

Be sure to order it to fit tight.

13. potentialglock

14. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Yep, go the order link and you'll find sizes for men there. ;)

EDIT.....It looks like the link has changed since I ordered mine. Shirts are all sleeveless now and no difference from women's style.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  15. potentialglock

I'll look into this after christmas

16. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

$80 is too rich for me. I'll just stick to a regular shirt ($19.99). I can buy 4 more.... :D