Concealed practice

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by jwade00, Jun 18, 2011.

1. jwade00

jwade00 New Member

Today i was firing at 3 yards, 7 yards and 15 yards on targets. had a little fun with an AR-15 as well, that was pretty cool. what else should i practice for my up coming concealed? im going to keep practicing at those ranges (shot anywhere from a 70-90 consecutively)

any other suggestions as far as studying goes?

2. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

Idk about in arkansas, but here they teach you everything you need to know to pass the "test"...lol "test", thats what they call it. But either way, they should cover all of the material that you may be asked about on the test.

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Most concealed carry classes/tests are simple formalities. Learn about the basic laws and expectations, and then prove you can land a bullet in the vicinity of your intentions. You show, you pay...you graduate with honors.

Training is done for your own competency. When it comes to defensive shooting/carrying, it's the "sweat equity" that will ultimately define you.

4. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Jwade, passing the shooting portion of the class is a breeze. The training that is needed to be proficient and confident that the shot is going to the intended destination is what is needed. If you have an outdoor range great, practice walking forwards and backwards, side to side, kneeling, squatting, behind cover or concealment, reloading, clearing jams ect. This is what will keep you alive in a high stress situation. Repetition becomes habit, you may want to seek tactical training also.

5. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

BINGO!!! :cool:

6. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Remember to practice getting your weapon drawn and on target. This is one, if not the most important aspects of CCW that is too often overlooked.

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

Learn the laws where you live.

Show caution, and remember, LEOs are always waiting for a chance to

open a size 10 can of your money...