Concealed Holster

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by WillBender, Feb 7, 2013.

1. WillBender

WillBender New Member

I bought a nylon IWB holster for my S&W sigma sw40ve. i only paid 16 bucks for it but the reason i chose this one was because it seemed a little less bulky compared to a leather one. the only downfall i thought of was that it doesnt keep form when i pull out my weapon. i can get it back in with a little help. then i thought that why do i need to worry about putting it back in with ease if the only reason im getting it out is to use it. any thoughts or ideas? anyone had both and chose one over the other? let me know?

2. Colby

Colby New Member

You're right. If it's a draw for an emergency, you don't need it to be convenient to put back in it's holster. You need the trigger protected while you carry - but when the bad guy is there - you don't need the holster - once it's pulled.
    An easy in and out holster is more for convenience at the range or hunting, etc.

3. rferguson61

rferguson61 New Member

Ive seen this brought up couple times...i understand from a safety standpoint the only time the trigger should move is when you purposefully pull it...but its starting to sound like some of you carry one in the chamber...?

4. WillBender

WillBender New Member

I would have to agree with you on that one, my trigger is covered by the holster and is also 12# for pull weight. Not to worried about accidentally misfiring especially because I don't usually carry one in the chamber

5. WillBender

WillBender New Member

That's a good point but to each is own. Every one has there preference

6. WillBender

WillBender New Member

I understand completely what your saying, but to be honest in my opinion If a guy see me pull out a gun I doubt he or she will keep trying but we really don't know that.

7. WillBender

WillBender New Member

You can make a case about anything. I can say this BG will incapacitate you and your chambered round gun is a paper weight as well

8. WillBender

WillBender New Member

Any further, you obviously just wasted all of your time. Haha! Good Luck to you

9. beenz

beenz New Member

The debate on carrying chambered or not has been beaten to death. I carry chambered. Its what I feel is most tactical.. I gave up on debating with people about it. Everyone is different and prefer different things so I just leave it alone now.

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You don't?

It's called Condition One. Google it.

11. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I sure hope the mods would be more patient with a guy like that than you are Sir. I see you in the middle of fights all over this forum. Cheer up Axxe!

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

He's right axxe, it only takes a heartbeat to chamber a round.

Unfortunately it may well be his last heartbeat.

[​IMG]

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Oh he's happy....you should see him when he gets pissed.........then again, maybe you shouldn't.

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Concealed carry is a personal defense action requiring a certain level of professionalism and confidence.

If you are afraid to carry a gun in the proper PD manner, maybe you shouldn't carry at all.

Please take a look at this;

Read this before you decide to carry!

15. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Criminals arent scared of guns, thier only scared of someone who will use it so pulling your pistol just to show it off wont end well for you. If your not prepared to pull the trigger dont pull it because when the criminal takes your empty gun and loads it he'll kill you with it.

A buddy of mine was nearly killed when a guy reached in his open car window and put a large knife to his throat. He had his left arm on the top of the door so the bad guy pinned it to the door. He only had use of his right hand to draw his .45 which was on his right hip. He drew it and pointed it between the badguy's eyes and clicked off the safety. The punk ran and my buddy got a new knife, he'd be dead if his weapon wasnt loaded.

16. undumb

undumb New Member

Besides, this isn't his question. He asked about a holster issue. To answer that: NO, because when it comes to the weapon and equipment that I will use to protect myself and my loved ones, I didn't go cheap!

17. damnimgood

damnimgood New Member

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I believe it's all a process. Us "newer" gun owners will learn to trust our guns and have the confidence to safely carry in condition one. Let's all be nice and explain to each other civilly and politely. You're not going to "bully" someone into thinking as you do. I'm not sure I would be ready to carry in condition one right off the bat. I know I will get there. For me, many things are a process. Let's respect each other and support each other as best we can.

19. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It's called the Tueller Drill. Google it.

20. markie357

markie357 New Member

I thought this was about a holster lol, I just started carrying last Friday as a matter of fact and I will admit I'm not worried about it going off on accident (because I do carry with one in the chamber) my question is back to the holster, Is it a bad Idea to have the thumb strap or what ever it is called not fastened?? I stand in my mirror with the gun and mag unloaded to practice being able to draw my weapon and even when I unfasten quickly it still seems to get hung up on something?? I have returned 4 different holsters and REALLY wanted a pocket one but I guess my pockets are deep and it also got hung up. Does anyone make a pocket holster that may clip on the pocket so it won't drop all the way down?? It's a Taurus PT 738 btw
    Thanks all be safe