Concealed Holster

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by bigshooter, Jul 17, 2011.

1. bigshooter

bigshooter New Member

Hello,

I just got my concealed weapons permit. I was wondering if anyone had info on a good holster or recommendations on methods for concealed carry. Thanks.

2. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

3. gunguy22

gunguy22 New Member

King Holster

Hello,

I’m glad to hear you got your concealed weapons permit. I have been carrying for a few years now. It took me a while to find the right concealed carry holster; I have a box of them that I don’t use. I found this brand that I prefer above the rest. It is called King Holster. The website is © 2011 King Holster Distributors. All Rights Reserved. The inside the pant holsters are very soft and thin. In my opinion, an inside the pant holster is the best method for concealed carry. Sometimes I prefer to carry in the middle of the back. I purchased another holster from the website because if you’re a right handed person and want to carry in the middle of the back, you need a left hand holster. I hope you are able to find something you like. Take care.

4. bigshooter

bigshooter New Member

I have a S&W 5 shot 38 special & Glock 19

5. TimKS

TimKS Active Member Lifetime Supporter

6. Mandy

Mandy New Member

I carry my G23 in a Blackhawk Fanny Pack and when not using the Fanny Pack, just a Clipdraw, the Fanny Pack works for my SP101 too.

7. freefall

freefall New Member

Gunguy, sell your box of holsters to Bigshooter! Win-win!

8. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I like my DeSantis IWB.

9. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I just got a Kimber Ultra CDP II and am looking for good holster ideas for daily carry. With my Glock I like (crossbreed) IWB for the conceal ability, not so sure that I will need it with the Kimber, I also would like to protect the finish on the Kimber as much as possible.

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

11. DUBLTAP

DUBLTAP New Member

I daily carry my G19 in a Blackhawk Serpa. Favorite holster.

12. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

13. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Crossbreed hands down

14. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Thanks Crane, I carry my Glock-22 and my SP-101 in one of these that I made, it is the most comfortable holster I have tried for IWB. Just wondering how the finish on the Kimber will hold up as I didn't buy it to keep in the safe. My FIL has a lined IWB that is nice but there is no name or model # on it and he can't remember who made it.

15. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

this is my suggestion also very comfortable and reasonably priced.

16. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

You will find it works very well with the 1911. Very happy with mine.

17. stevetinman

stevetinman New Member

I have the same pistol and a Kimber Ultra raptor II. I use a Nick Mathews IWB holster for both. I also have 3 more of his holsters. They are very comfortable and very nice leather. His prices are great and his delivery is about 2-3 weeks. Look him up under Nick Matthew holsters.

18. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Thanks Rigjumpr, I am already making one now, just finished molding the Kydex this morning. Going to cut the horsehide tonight I hope.

Stevetinman, these are very nice looking holsters and priced reasonably, might have to get one.

Thanks to all who shared some wisdom on this, This Kimber was a major expense for me and it will take a couple of months for me to get over the sticker shock LOL.

Now my collection is A
    Glock 22 .40
    Glock 26 9mm
    Ruger SP-101 .357
    M&P 9C 9mm
    Bersa Thunder .380 CC
    Beretta Bob Cat .22
    Kimber Ultra CDP II .45
    Mossberg 500 12ga.

I can explain it to you but I can't make you understand it.

19. G30USMC

G30USMC Well-Known Member Supporter

G26 blackhawk serpa.....love it

20. Gripsmeister

Gripsmeister New Member

I carry the exact same gun every day all day. I have a black leather blackhawk iwb holster for a full size government 1911. I cut the holster short to fit the kimber ultra. Easy to do and all you need do is leave some excess to fold over the end of the barrel. Simply cut off the end of the holster full size and leave about an extra half inch over the barrrel then stick the end you want to fold over the barrel in a cup of water for about a minute remove from water and towel dry. Then shape the end over the end of the gun and then let it dry. Its molded perfectly to your gun. Put firearm in a plastic sandwhich bag to protect from moisture. The holster is custom taylored for the ultra and very comfortable and there are body guard extension made on it that cover the hammer and tail on your body side. Plastic/kydex holsters for consealed carry SUCK. All of them. Dont use them. They hook and snag and pinch on everything. I carry every single day every waking minute. You would never ever know. Iv worked with people for years and they had no idea i have a firearm on me. If you do and carry how i do, its gotta be comfortable period. Its cocked locked and ready to rock and has been for years. I wear shorts all year around and regular fitting tshirts with sandals in summer and regular shoes in the winter. Im the unsuspecting assailants worst target nightmare. Practice practice makes perfect. The dead giveaway i have a firearm on me is my flashlight on my left side hanging from my pocket. Its part of carrying a firearm so pick up a good small highpower flashlight. Low light to dark assesment of a situation is necessary for you to carry Do not carry without a flashlight at all times.

Holster to use.
    http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Inside-the-Pants-Leather-Concealment,1151,1418.htm

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011