Firearms Talk banner

Concealed Carry Permits- Do you have one?

• Yes...I have a permit.

Votes: 375 75.5%
  • No....I don't have a permit.

Votes: 32 6.4%
  • I am in the process of getting mine.

Votes: 64 12.9%
  • Not an Option where I live.

Votes: 26 5.2%
61 - 80 of 134 Posts
ccw

No such thing as open carry in this part of the world, upsets the new breed of young LEO's, but I always have mine on me, ever since my picture car reg number place of work and home address turned up in the possion of some people that you would describe as domestic terrorist's. As per ROE you can only engage a person with leathal force if that person presents you with no other option, there is no requrement for a warning, as for engaging the target ( once contact has begun) with their back towards you, this is permitted as the target is considered to be only moving to better cover and still a viable threat. One of my friends a few years ago was targeted by three members of the same organisation all armed with AK47 Assault rifles ( proper ones imported all the way from Lybia via HAMAS) he was armed with his Browning HP and managed to defeat two of the attackers and wound the other one enough to make him not want to take any further part, they fired over 100 rds in his direction, striking him for time in the legs and three times in the centre mass ( he was wearing his vest thankfully) the rest struck his car and the family home behind him, he fired 15rds out of the 20 he hsd in his hi-cap clip. His contact event is the one that is now used to train all our nebies and variations of this senario are used to train for every apwt that has to be passed every year. When the wounded terrorist was being questioned they found out that they belived that my friend wasn't armed because they had never seen him with a weapon outside if work duties.

MY WIFE & I BOTH KEEP GUNS IN THE TRUCK (AT LEAST ONE:D).
WHERE I LIVE IT IS OPEN CARRY & CCW IS NECESSARY BUT I CARRY ALWAYS
'CUZ WHERE I LIVE, LEO's ARE TOO FAR AWAY OR NEVER SHOW UP!!:mad:
I'M WORKING ON GETIING US THE CCW's FOR THE LEGALITIES.:confused:

I LIKE UNCLE TED's CCW: THE 2nd AMMENDMENT:D:

I have a permit and carry all the time. My wife is taking her class next week so she can get hers. She plans on carrying whenever she is not with me. She has her heart set on a 22 mag. I am trying hard to talk her out of it.

MY WIFE & I BOTH KEEP GUNS IN THE TRUCK (AT LEAST ONE:D).
WHERE I LIVE IT IS OPEN CARRY & CCW IS NECESSARY BUT I CARRY ALWAYS
'CUZ WHERE I LIVE, LEO's ARE TOO FAR AWAY OR NEVER SHOW UP!!:mad:
I'M WORKING ON GETIING US THE CCW's FOR THE LEGALITIES.:confused:

I LIKE UNCLE TED's CCW: THE 2nd AMMENDMENT:D:
Please head over to the Introductions thread and tell us about yourself. And please lose the cap-lock, as all caps signifies shouting.

When I got my CCW in Florida I was not sure I would carry. Then I started carrying only to certain places. I now carry all the time unless I am going places where I cannot such as work. At that time it is locked in the car. It did not take long for that transition to take place.

My wife does not yet, but we are talking about it. My daughter carries 100% of the time as she has had issues with a stalker. My son thinks it is un-necessary.

Concealed Carry Permits.........who has one?
I have mine now, and have had it for about 2 years, and feel good about it. However, I'm 70 yrs old, and carried concealed every day for about 40 years without a CHL. Luckily, I have never needed to pull my gun and hope and pray that I never will, but it's there if needed. I have practiced all of the time that I've carried, so I consider myself qualified to carry and handle a gun. However, what's everone's feelings about carrying without a CHL. I'm not proud of carrying so long without the CHL, but I'm not ashamed of it either.

I have mine now, and have had it for about 2 years, and feel good about it. However, I'm 70 yrs old, and carried concealed every day for about 40 years without a CHL. Luckily, I have never needed to pull my gun and hope and pray that I never will, but it's there if needed. I have practiced all of the time that I've carried, so I consider myself qualified to carry and handle a gun. However, what's everone's feelings about carrying without a CHL. I'm not proud of carrying so long without the CHL, but I'm not ashamed of it either.
I wouldn't be ashamed. We shouldn't need a license that's why we have 2A. A license is just a tax (infringement on 2A)

I took the class almost two years ago and never applied for the permit. I carry when I'm in the house or on the property, but only have one "available" when I'm in public places.

Not an option here "Behind The Cheddar Curtain" but we're pushing for no less than Constitutional Carry.

I'm uncertain if I'd get a "permit" it they were available. I don't believe in begging some political flunky for a Right that is mine. Besides, the "permits" only empowers "our government" even more...and they need no more power.

Living in Free AZ, no permit required for concealed or open carry, no AWB, no magazine ban, no ammo ban, no FOID, no license to purchase or permit to own, no "safety inspection", no registration, no waiting period. :) Castle Dcotrine, state pre-emption firearms AND knives, NFA friendly, etc. Lots of room for good gun owners. ;)

61 - 80 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.