Firearms Talk banner

Concealed Carry Permits- Do you have one?

• Yes...I have a permit.

Votes: 375 75.5%
  • No....I don't have a permit.

Votes: 32 6.4%
  • I am in the process of getting mine.

Votes: 64 12.9%
  • Not an Option where I live.

Votes: 26 5.2%
41 - 60 of 134 Posts
My wife and I are both licensed to carry here in TEXAS and we both roll hot wherever legal. We both got them to protect our son. Just out of curiosity, which states require that you retreat first? In Texas the Castle Doctrine has made it so that if you are threatened you do not have to retreat.

My wife and I are both licensed to carry here in TEXAS and we both roll hot wherever legal. We both got them to protect our son. Just out of curiosity, which states require that you retreat first? In Texas the Castle Doctrine has made it so that if you are threatened you do not have to retreat.
RETREAT? Hell, you can chase them down and shoot em'.

I got the Oregon and Utah ccw licenses middle of last year, carry every time I go anywhere and often around our property. We can open carry here in Oregon but I prefer not to as I'd rather have the upper hand of being just a skinny old fart that looks like he couldn't hurt a flea.

Hello all. I'm a noob on this forum, but not to CCW. I've lived in PA my entire life, and have had a LTCF since I turned 21. This July will be 37 yrs of CCW for me.
I've aways carried some type of 45ACP (usually some kind of 1911,) but when Glock came out with the SF (slim frame version,) I picked up a Glock30SF. Love them, I now have 3 of them.
I recently picked up a cpl. of the 45GAP Glocks as well, and they fit my hand even better.
I'm a single dad who is raising my daughters on my own for over 10 yrs now, and they are my main reason for carrying. I've always believed it is "our own" responsibilty to defend ourselves no matter where we are.
The police are never going to be there when the SHTF for any individual, they usually show up after the fact. Doesn't leave us much else as an alternative, you either defend yourself and survive, or allow yourself to be maimed or killed.
I've made my choice to live and to protect those that I love.
Good luck and always stay safe. :cool:

here we even have to have a permit just to have a pistol in your own household,and you almost have to justify a reason to get a pistol permit.
luckily I have a valid conceal and carry from another state,and work security,which is state licensed,so it should be easier to get a permit.
Where do you live-it's about the same here in Michigan.You have to get a pistol permit to buy a handgun-then the permit card doubles as your registration card that you have to send sections of it to the police.The law here also is that no-one can touch my pistol exept me,unless they have a CCW-and I don't have a CCW-so I can only touch my own gun.

Where do you live-it's about the same here in Michigan.You have to get a pistol permit to buy a handgun-then the permit card doubles as your registration card that you have to send sections of it to the police.The law here also is that no-one can touch my pistol exept me,unless they have a CCW-and I don't have a CCW-so I can only touch my own gun.
Ninja, you most likely won't get an answer from the member you quoted...you quoted a post from 5-20-2007 and the member has 3 total posts....:rolleyes:

Yes, but not in the shower.

I carry a gun because a cop is to heavy to carry. my wife and i have had our ccw permit since 2003, but we have been shooting our whole lives u know the south thats how we were raised and thats how im raising my three kids.

I got mine a few months after I turned 21. The first thing I do every morning is get dresses then check my mag, load my fire arm and holster it Now I am ready to start my day . I have done this for 10 years now and plan on doing it alot longer.

I voted no, but its misleading. Being a Federal LEO, Im not required one and can carry across ALL 50 state lines. To include Obama's corrupt city of Chicago if I wanted.

41 - 60 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.