Concealed Carry!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by a1huntingsupply, May 8, 2007.

1. Yes...I have a permit.

375 vote(s)
    75.5%
  2. No....I don't have a permit.

32 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. I am in the process of getting mine.

64 vote(s)
    12.9%
  4. Not an Option where I live.

26 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. a1huntingsupply

a1huntingsupply New Member

Concealed Carry Permits.........who has one?

2. opaww

opaww New Member

I have one and carry all the time, we just had a killing of a young girl 18 years old and 5 months preg. Right next door in the parking lot last Sunday. I live next to the projects and would not be without my concealed pistol

Last edited: May 8, 2007

3. GUNGIRL

GUNGIRL New Member

just got mine on the 4th.

4. UnBound

UnBound New Member

I don't have a permit yet. Will be getting one very shortly. My stepdad and I will take the course together. Just waiting on his auto to come back from the gunsmith. Here if you take the course with a revolver you cannot carry and auto, but if you take the course with an auto you can carry a revolver as well.

5. allmons

allmons New Member

Keep it legal - get your CCW ASAP

While I feel any legal citizen has the right to possess and carry firearms, the realities are that you can end up in prison. Make it easy on yourself while you vote to get the bad politicians out of office. One day we might not need the permits.

Rule of thumb - don't trust ANYONE running for office that doesn't trust you with a firearm. Be a one issue voter.

:cool:

6. EagleSix

EagleSix New Member

I certainly do respect your opinion and your decisions. And I agree you can go to prison, for various reasons gun related or not. However very few Americans have gone to prison because they were legally carrying a gun whether that be concealed or open carry. Most conflicts involving a person carrying a legal gun for self-defense do not end in gun fire. A permit to carry a gun open carry or concealed carry is not a permit to use it. About the only relationship between concealed carry and shooting someone is, concealed carry provides a convenient option if the decision is made to shoot. It's always the person who does the shooting, not the concealed gun. On the other hand, to my knowledge, no one has ever been imprisoned for not carrying a gun and dieing at that hands of their attacker because they were not capable of defending themselves.

Everyone has a choice and should make up their own mind to carry a gun or not, most do not, I do carry and most of the time legally.

7. retro

retro New Member

Rule of thumb - don't trust ANYONE running for office that doesn't trust you with a firearm. Be a one issue voter.

Here's another quote - this one from Ted Nugent - that sums up carrying a weapon perfectly (IMO):

8. CBstraining

CBstraining New Member

I'm an instructor trainer in MN and I spend the majority of my classroom time talking about the law and the pitfalls. Once we have that out of the way I make it very clear that if you are going to carry you need to have the proper mindset to defend yourself and others. You may have to pay the piper criminally and eat some costs in a civil trial but it sure beats have six feet of dirt over your head. And yes if I'm awake I'm carrying.

9. sparalesto

sparalesto New Member

In Italy she is allowed to all the healthy citizens of mind and without previous offences to possess weapons.
    She is allowed everybody to possess weapons in his own house.
    The law on the legitimate defense says:

1- It is not punishable who has committed the fact to be forces you to defend a proper right or other people's against the actual danger of an unfair offense.
    2-In the anticipated cases of intrusion in her own house, the relationship of proportion subsists if someone present legitimately in one of the suitable places here it uses a weapon legitimately held or other fit mean with the purpose to defend:
    a) the proper one or other people's life:
    b) the proper good or other people's, when there is not escape and there is danger of aggression.
    The disposition is also applied in the case in which the fact has happened where inside every other place a commercial, professional or entrepreneurial activity is practiced.

Last edited: May 13, 2007
  10. EagleSix

EagleSix New Member

Hi sparalesto,

Here in the US most of the self-defense laws are left to the individual states. Although some are similar, they all have some differences. For example in my home state of Arizona, our self-defense laws are very similar to yours with maybe the exception of "escape". We have no burden to find an escape, although other states in the US have such requirements.

Are you restricted from carrying a concealed weapon? If so do have any provisions for a permit to do so?

11. coxhw

coxhw New Member

Don't have one yet but I still carry in the truck and so does my wife. I'm waiting for Ole Gov. :D to get and sign the bill to carry in your vehicle. Will be getting both of ours in a month.

12. sparalesto

sparalesto New Member

I cannot shoot in the back of a robber that escapes, I would be condemned for homicide.
    For the Italian law it doesn't have sense shoot to a robber that escapes because she wants to mean that the danger is stopped.

She is restricted from carryng a concealed handgun.
    She is allowed alone for citizen that show to the authorities to develop a job to risk of criminals.
    However all citizens can hold weapons in the house.

13. EagleSix

EagleSix New Member

sparalesto,

I missed understood your first post when you used the word "escape" I thought you meant, if the home owner had a means to retreat from the threat and escape then they could not shoot.

Apparently you meant if the intruder was making an escape, that is withdrawal, you can not shoot. Sorry for the misunderstanding. That is the same here in the US and especially in Arizona. You can defend yourself against an attack, however if the attacker is retreating, leaving and no longer on the attack, in general we can not use lethal force to stop them (although there are special circumstances which would provide for this).

Sorry for the misinterpretation of your original words.

14. sparalesto

sparalesto New Member

There are no problems for the misunderstanding.
    Excuse me for my english language that is not of the best.
    :eek:

15. 7.62x54r-fan

7.62x54r-fan New Member

throw out politicians

here we even have to have a permit just to have a pistol in your own household,and you almost have to justify a reason to get a pistol permit.
    luckily I have a valid conceal and carry from another state,and work security,which is state licensed,so it should be easier to get a permit.

16. marmac

marmac New Member

I bought my pistol, drove 3 miles down the road to the sheriffs department and got my CCW permit within an hour of the purchase!! They did the background check on me, took my $20 check and it didn't take long. It was a slow day!!

MarMac

17. Harley_Guy

Harley_Guy New Member

Have carried all my life (now 63) and have been legal for the past 20 years.

18. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

I have my CHL for Texas.

19. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Wallet, keys, handgun. Don't leave home without them. I carry daily and do some sort of live-fire practice weekly.

20. Glock30Owner

Glock30Owner New Member

While I voted "yes... I have a permit", I don't have a concealed carry permit. My state does not issue those. My state issues handgun carry permits. They don't specify that the permit is for concealed carry, it is also required for open carry.